Solved

Webroot keeps stopping when creating new bookmarks

Userlevel 4
I use Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 android. When I'm on a website and want to add particular sewing tutorial to bookmarks and create new bookmark Webroot always advises Webroot stopped. There are no error reports from Webroot and when I check Webroot it states I'm protected!!  Please help me to stop this happening. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Merci-2 2 July 2017, 12:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Merci-

Looks like another one to run by @. ;)
However, you can also Open a Support Ticket to ask the question of the Support Team, however with it being a holiday weekend their usual stellar response times are likely to be somewhat extended even though the system is open 24/7.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Merci,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I am not finding this to be happening on my Samsung Note What browser are you using? Google/Chrome/Firefox? Maybe cleaning the caches/history in your browser?

EDITED: I just read one of your other posts about running Knox with Webroot. Before following my suggestion below could you try disasbling Knox to see if it's conflicting with Webroot first? You won't hurt anything by trying that. You can always re-enable it again. Webroot can run with most other Anti Viruses on a PC but I am not sure about doing so on an Android or if Knox is compatible.

But I would uninstall Webroot and do a clean reinstall just to eliminate the possibility that Webroot is causing the issue.
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere from your Android device, do the following:

1. From the main SecureAnywhere Mobile panel, press your mobile device's Menu button.
  2. In the Menu panel, tap Uninstall.
  3. If prompted, enter your Webroot password and tap OK to continue.
  4. In the confirmation panel, tap OK to remove SecureAnywhere from your device.
If you are experiencing problems uninstalling SecureAnywhere on Android, you may need to change your Device Administrator settings. To do so:

1. Tap the Android Menu button on your device, then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Security, then tap Select Device Administrators.
  3. Next to Webroot SecureAnywhere, uncheck the box.
  4. Tap Deactivate. If prompted, tap OK.
  5. Open Google Play, navigate to the SecureAnywhere app and tap Uninstall, as you would with an app not using Device Administrator. SecureAnywhere uninstalls itself.

Android Download Instructions
  1. Search for Webroot according to your device:[list=1]
  2. Android: in your apps menu, select the Google Play Store and search for "Webroot," or follow this link, and install the Security - Free ap
  • Once the install is complete, open the app and tap Agree & Launch.
  • If you do not have a keycode, tap Skip and proceed to Step 4. If you do have a keycode, tap Activate and enter your SecureAnywhere keycode. Tap OK once the keycode has been activated successfully.
  • Tap Fix This Now to go through additional settings that can be activated. Please read each one carefully to see if it is something you want to enable or not before tapping either Fix This Now or Ignore. You can always change these options later in the settings.
  • Tap View Additional Features to go through additional features you have available. These will vary based on your subscription type.
  • After going through all the options, tap Finish.Webroot SecureAnywhere is now installed and protecting your device.[/list]Or again you can Submit a Support Ticket as @ has mentioned in his post.;)

• Userlevel 4
    Thank you Ssherjj very much for your detailed and clear guidance. I will have a go at this and share how it comes out ..... big techie test for beginner me!
    Userlevel 7
    @Merci- wrote:
    Thank you Ssherjj very much for your detailed and clear guidance. I will have a go at this and share how it comes out ..... big techie test for beginner me!

Userlevel 4
    Thank you very much Sherry for your very helpful detailed guidance as to how to fix this problem.
    This seemed to do the trick. 
    I'd been having difficulty with my new Tablet, and it turned out it was faulty.  Arrangements have been made with the Provider to issue me with a replacement Tablet (the same make). Hopefully the replacement will be functioning well.
    Thank you again - very grateful to you.
    Userlevel 7
    Badge +62
    Hi Merci,
    That's wonderful news. I'm very elated that everything turned out for you. You are most welcome and thank you for letting us know. 😉
    Userlevel 4
    My apologies Baldrick. Don't think I thanked you for your reply.

"Thank you" :D
    Userlevel 7
    You are most welcome, Merci-, please think nothing of it. :D
    Userlevel 4
    Thank you Ssherjj for your detailed information.
    My apologies for very late reply.  Been unwell.

It turned our the the Samsun Note supplied to me was faulty.  The matter has been sorted out, and I no longer have the Note.  But I will certainly keep your detailed help as this may become necessary in the future.

Thank you so much again.