Solved

Webroot Login Duplication

• 13 January 2013
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
I've been having an interment issue when I use the Webroot Login to login to a website. Sometimes when I log off that page, IE will start duplicating or opening the web page that I currently was logged into, about 5 times. When I try to close them, one at a time, it will continue to open webpages and finally stop. This only happens when I use the Webroot login and have no problems logging in manually.
icon

Best answer by JDMoose 18 January 2013, 21:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Sorry for the website duplications JDMoose.

I have not been able to reproduce this. Before opening a support ticket to gather logs, can you please try resetting IE and seeing if the duplication persists?

Also, is this only happening for one specific saved site, or multiple?
Userlevel 3
Hi Mike,
It happens on different sites that I have saved in the Webroot Passwords. It does not happen all the time. 

Dave
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the clarification. Please let me know if it persists after the Internet Explorer Reset.
Userlevel 3
Hi Mike,
Before I attempt to reset IE, I just discovered that the duplication will happen if I have two or more websites open, and I log in on one of them through Webroot.  (I opened the websites by clicking on the IE icon on my desktop.) I had three websites open, and when I closed two of them and logged off the third website, three more opened up.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Those are great details that I will add to the support ticket if you would like to go that route. I wanted to try the IE reset to narrow down our troubleshooting and isolate SecureAnywhere as a factor.
Userlevel 3
Hi Mike,
I just created a support ticket for the login duplication and sent a wsalogs also.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Please let us know if this was resolved and if so, what the resolution was, in case we see this again.
Userlevel 3
Since I turned in a support ticket, the web page duplication has not happened. Like I said in my original message, it doesn't happen all of the time. I didn't change anything to try to resolve the problem, even though Support services wanted me to uninstall and reinsatll Weboot. I've must have done this at least 10+ times for other issues that came up, and in each case this resolution did not solve the issue. I am not running any other virus programs, just WSA.  I have tried different ways of login in to get the pages to duplicate upon signing out, but have not been able to do it. I will let you know if it starts up again and give more details on how I signed on.

Userlevel 7
Alright. Thanks for the update. Sound like an intriguing issue.
Userlevel 7
It sounds like a browser issue and the technician thought so as well. You can try the IE reset as well if it becomes a problem.

Thanks for the update. 😃
Userlevel 3
I'm happy to report that I had IE duplicate when I closed it, but I was not logged into Webroot, so it is a browser issue and not a WSA problem. So now I know what it isn't.