Solved

Webroot Password Manager Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 Support in WIndows 10 Version 1607

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I have recently upgraded to the new anniversary edition of Windows 10 Version 1607 which introduces an upgraded version of Edge version 38.14393.0.0 with support for extentions. 

I see that the Webroot Backup and Restore extention is available in the extention store.  However I see that the password manager extention is missing.

Is there any plan to support Edge at this time?  If so by when?

I see that LastPass already supports Edge, and it seems to work well.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 29 March 2017, 18:51

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi woodsod

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am sure that now that the Anniversary Update is prime time Webroot will have been working on extension compatibility with it so it is very much a case of 'watch this space' for announcements.

I am sure that they will develop something it is just a case of when rather than if. As and when they do the beta group will get it first to test and I am sure that news will filter out ahead of a formal release.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
It has been awhile since I last posted the request.

Also since then I have come to understand it that the Webroot Password Manager is a rebranded adaptation of LastPass.

I have LastPass for Microsoft Edge but still there is no solution from WebRoot.

Also I find that there is no news on this subject.  I would have thought that WebRoot would have had some announcement proclaiming support for the new MS EDGE that comes with the Anniversary Windows 10 Edition.

For me this is not so much as a problem, except for the fact that I have customers who use Webroot Password Manager who are using Microsoft Internet Explorer because some banking sites are developed only for this browser, and will NOT work with any other browser.  Since Microsoft Internet Explorer is so old there are several sites that don't work anymore with this browser.  Changing browsers or switching between browsers is a big problem for users.

Are there any plans to provide a Webroot Password Manger that will support MS Edge anytime soon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Unfortunately we're at the mercy of Microsoft. They're slowly allowing extensions for Edge one by one, from approved vendors. Until it's our turn on the list, we can't force our extension into their store.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
So the Webroot Password Manager has adapted from LastPass has already been submitted last year in August, can this be confirmed?

So Microsoft has been sitting on the Password Manager Edge Browser extention for almost 6 months now?

Userlevel 7
I think that you need to pose that question to Microsoft rather than here in the Community...we will have no knowledge of the position and/or the likely timescales involved. ;)
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
To All:

I still don't find any support for Webroot in MS EDGE of any kind.

But then I again I find that Symantec Norton AntiVirus and McAfee do not support for MS DEGE yet either.

So I guess Webroot is in good company.

Sigh......

MS and security :<

Regards
Userlevel 7
Hi woodsod

Yes, I know it is frustrating but unfortuantely there may be bigger/more imprtant things for the Webroot Development Team to focus on in the first instance...like making sure that we are as protected as we can be from the the latest & worst malware that keeps popping up.

Having said that I will ping our most excellent Community Manager @ to see if he can use any of hos 'super powers' to find out what is the latest position on this...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Yes it would be nice to have a statement that this is a MS issue that all the other Antivirus are mostly in the same boat. The reason I ask is that our customers use the software and don't understand the lack of support.

Or is this a matter that MS covers with some kind of NDA?

Thank you
Userlevel 7
I think the the question about an official announcement is another one for Webroot to answer directly, and perhaps @ would be kind enough to look into the possible provision of this also? ;)

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As far as I'm concerned it's still a Microsoft issue as they don't support that many extensions at this time: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/EdgeExtensions?ocid=MSCOMWinEdge

you can get uBlock Origin ad blocker for Edge via the Store within Windows 10 store app!

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
More info from Microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/microsoft-browser-extension-policy

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/faq/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, 

I wanted to talk with our support team on this and double check for you but what I can share with you is that everything already provided via @ in regards to the supported extensions and Edge is currently the most up to date info. 

So a massive KUDOS to @ for providing the best solution!!! 
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Right just was curious as the as the Webroot password manager is made by LastPass, and I am currently using LastPass. How come there is not a Webroot facsimile?

The other extension I guess I can understand as they might need to use features that are not there etc...

Thank you for the update
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Right just was curious as the as the Webroot password manager is made by LastPass, and I am currently using LastPass. How come there is not a Webroot facsimile?

The other extension I guess I can understand as they might need to use features that are not there etc...

Thank you for the update
Because Webroot is using a rebranded version of Lastpass, but in time Webroot will support Edge but it all depends if Microsoft will allow and it's on Microsoft's timetable. But the Password manager is still Officially supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
I have used webroot for about 4 years and I was giving it until this windows update to make it functional with edge, it has not happened , its been like this since windows 10 release,  time to move on.

If your company wants to retain customers i would suggest getting at Microsoft daily until its done,  if you are just sitting back waiting for them to do it, it will never happen
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I have used webroot for about 4 years and I was giving it until this windows update to make it functional with edge, it has not happened , its been like this since windows 10 release,  time to move on.

If your company wants to retain customers i would suggest getting at Microsoft daily until its done,  if you are just sitting back waiting for them to do it, it will never happen
@, I'm very sorry to hear that this sounds like a dealbreaker to you. As Daniel stated above, there's really nothing we can do to expedite the timeframe Microsoft presents. Given the fact that Edge holds a very small percentage of the market share, it's always advised to use a Browser that does a better job of keeping up with the availability of add-ons and extensions for all their users.
Edge is starting to gain traction now as it appears to be past its beta stage and is supporting more and more extensions. Bumping this thread as a Webroot user who uses Edge and would like to see not only the password manager extension but primarily a shield protection extension, Cheers.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I agree

Looks like norton now supports edge in the windows creator update version and above. See the following link
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v113038371_EndUserProfile_en_us

Looks like mcaffe does not yet support edge