Solved

Webroot Popup Message

• 10 May 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hello Everyone.

I am getting this new Pop Up message o my computer. Would you please let me know what i need to do, also, how can i disable it.

Thanks.

Also, How is Baldrick doing.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 May 2022, 22:29

View original

7 replies

I’ve seen other posts that want to get rid of the ads as well but haven’t seen an answer yet!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I’ve seen other posts that want to get rid of the ads as well but haven’t seen an answer yet!!

It’s been turned off: https://community.webroot.com/ideas/stop-spamming-your-customers-with-popup-messages-because-you-need-more-money-351270#postid=613

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The only answer I have seen is to wait a few days and it will go away. The claim from support is that it is time based. 

Actually Webroot should have put out a quick fix for this immediately as the fix is rather easy! Paid license, no pop-up. DUH!

Still getting the popup on my computer every time I try to interact with the Webroot app. Have logged a support ticket. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hey everyone,

I agree this was more on the side of annoying even for me and as such you are not the first complaint we’ve had about this in-product messaging - there are multiple threads

We have since turned off this messaging and it should no longer after after you reboot your computer. If you still see this message after the reboot please contact our support so they can keep you up to date with the resolution

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I would like to request support on this issue because I’m still getting the annoying popup every morning, demanding I sign in to Carbonite and then not letting me. I tried to submit a ticket but ran into a similar problem with sign-in: it won’t accept my credentials (I seem to have 3 sets of credentials that might be relevant, one for the “community”, one for the console, and one for Carbonite) nor will it send me any sort of password reset e-mail though it says it has. This has so far used up about 45 minutes of my time!

Userlevel 7

Hello @jmrathbun Sorry you’re getting those annoying popups. If you have already rebooted your computer and are still getting popups and can’t get a Support Ticket going, I would suggest giving Support a call to solve both problems.

Call 1-866-612-4227

HTH,

Dave