Solved

Webroot Popup Message

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hello Everyone.

I am getting this new Pop Up message o my computer. Would you please let me know what i need to do, also, how can i disable it.

Thanks.

Also, How is Baldrick doing.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 May 2022, 22:29

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve seen other posts that want to get rid of the ads as well but haven’t seen an answer yet!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I’ve seen other posts that want to get rid of the ads as well but haven’t seen an answer yet!!

It’s been turned off: https://community.webroot.com/ideas/stop-spamming-your-customers-with-popup-messages-because-you-need-more-money-351270#postid=613

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

The only answer I have seen is to wait a few days and it will go away. The claim from support is that it is time based. 

Actually Webroot should have put out a quick fix for this immediately as the fix is rather easy! Paid license, no pop-up. DUH!

Still getting the popup on my computer every time I try to interact with the Webroot app. Have logged a support ticket. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hey everyone,

I agree this was more on the side of annoying even for me and as such you are not the first complaint we’ve had about this in-product messaging - there are multiple threads

We have since turned off this messaging and it should no longer after after you reboot your computer. If you still see this message after the reboot please contact our support so they can keep you up to date with the resolution

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I would like to request support on this issue because I’m still getting the annoying popup every morning, demanding I sign in to Carbonite and then not letting me. I tried to submit a ticket but ran into a similar problem with sign-in: it won’t accept my credentials (I seem to have 3 sets of credentials that might be relevant, one for the “community”, one for the console, and one for Carbonite) nor will it send me any sort of password reset e-mail though it says it has. This has so far used up about 45 minutes of my time!

Userlevel 7

Hello @jmrathbun Sorry you’re getting those annoying popups. If you have already rebooted your computer and are still getting popups and can’t get a Support Ticket going, I would suggest giving Support a call to solve both problems.

Call 1-866-612-4227

HTH,

Dave

I cannot get this MALWARE (webroot popup) off my PC either!  I’ve rebooted and opened a ticket… Webroot’s response was “here’s how to delete webroot off your PC”… great… so their response is thank you for your money … now delete our software and we’ll keep the money… have a great day… WORTHLESS Software… Who’s idea was it to put MALWARE in a software designed to keep MALWARE off your computer?  They should be fired!   so I guess there isn’t anyway to get to the popup to stop which is why Webroot recommends I just delete their software!  Here is the actual reply!:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

In some cases, uninstall options for SecureAnywhere may be missing from the Control Panel or Start menu. If you want to uninstall SecureAnywhere and are unable to do so because of these missing options, here are some steps you can try:

***Option 1: Ensure correct display settings***

1. Open the main interface.
2. Click Advanced Settings, then choose Install Settings.
3. Un-check the box next to Show a Start Menu shortcut.
4. Click Save All. After saving your settings, repeat steps 1 and 2, then re-check the box next to Show a Start Menu shortcut. Then click Save again.
5. Once you have re-checked the correct options, try uninstalling Webroot from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs option, or from Start > All Programs > Webroot SecureAnywhere > Tools > Uninstall Webroot.

***Option 2: If the method above does not work, you can run an uninstall command manually***

Choose the correct instructions for your operating system.

For Windows XP:

1. Click Start, then click Run.
2. Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below.

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

Note: The path for Step 1 is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.
Also, if you are using a 64-bit operating system, you may need to change the path to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

3. Click OK.
4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon.
2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.

Note: The path for Step 1 is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.
Also, if you are using a 64-bit operating system, you may need to change the path to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

For Windows 8:

1. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.
2. Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.

3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

For Windows 10:

1. In the Cortana search bar type the following, exactly as it appears below.

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
4. Follow the steps below for your Windows version:

a. Windows XP: Click Run, then enter the following text into the field exactly it appears below, and then press Enter:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data

b. Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click in the Search box above the Start button, then enter the following text into the field exactly as it appears below, and then press Enter:

%PROGRAMDATA%

c. Windows 8: Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu. Click Search, enter the following text into the field exactly as it appears below, and then press Enter:

%PROGRAMDATA%

d. Windows 10: In the Cortana search bar, enter the following text into the field exactly as it appears below, and then press Enter:

%PROGRAMDATA%

5. Locate the WRData folder. This folder may not be present; if it is not, you are finished. If it is present, right-click the WRData folder and select Rename. Change the name to WRData1.
6. Restart your computer and let it boot into Normal Mode. Webroot should be completely off the machine at this time.

This should resolve the issue you reported. If not, please send us another message to let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you,

The Webroot Technical Support Team

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@dtomcat 

These are generic uninstall instructions from support for people that do not have Webroot show up in the control panel remove instructions. I understand that you are upset about the pop-up and requested instructions to uninstall Webroot.

The popup you can ignore and close - it should not  immediately persist (that is what we had issues with and fixed).

Please let us know if you would like to use our software again as we’ll be happy to help and explain

I did not request instructions to uninstall… I requested the pop up to go away.  I said if not, I’d like a refund and I’d uninstall.  I know how to uninstall.  I’m tired of the malware pop up coming up on every boot.  I’ve uninstalled via the instructions above and reinstalled and the Webroot put the malware back on my computer and I keep getting the carbonite account pop up.   If it’s not possible, then I should be refunded since Webroot is putting this malware on my pc.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Slightly confused why you call it malware. Cabonite and Webroot are the same company so they have not added any 3rd party software on your machine they are simple requesting you sign up to the management portal. If you do not want to thats fine but I would recomend it as there are some other features available often for free if you do sign up but they wont spam you if you dont want them they are just available once you sign up.

I did sign up.  I call it malware because it keeps giving the pop up to sign up for the account (against my will and with no way to make it stop) and webroots solution: delete the software without refund

Have signed up for “My Account”. Uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot. Still getting the popup. Still have to hit X to make it go away. Surely it can’t be that hard to make a popup go away. You put it there in the first place...

Userlevel 3

Have signed up for “My Account”. Uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot. Still getting the popup. Still have to hit X to make it go away. Surely it can’t be that hard to make a popup go away. You put it there in the first place...

Yup, Same here. I followed the suggestion on this thread to uninstall and reinstall. As soon as I finished doing that, I got the popup again.

Earlier, I also opened a support ticket about this. They replied, requiring me to download a file called wsalogs.exe, follow a lengthy set of instruction and then update the ticket when it was completed. I did that on June 24.

Since then I have received no response, despite me nudging Support 3 times so far:

June 26: Anybody home? 
June 30: Hellooooooo??? Is there anybody out there?
Today (July 3): Are you people out to lunch permanently?? "Support? Nah. Don't think we'll bother..."

As you may gather, I am not impressed.

I had another  conversation earlier with Support about problems with Webroot on an Android phone. They replied with instructions on how to fix this problem on a Windows PC. 

Frankly, someone needs to give the non-supportive support staff a good shouting-at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello everyone, yes some are still getting the message and Webroot’s Development team is working on it and that’s all I know! I even get it once in awhile.

Userlevel 3

Hello everyone, yes some are still getting the message and Webroot’s Development team is working on it and that’s all I know! I even get it once in awhile.

Thanks. Guess we’ll all just have to wait. Odd, tho, that Support are still not talking to me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

Unfortunately the popup has not been turned off. It has started to appear again each time I start my PC.

I have to X it off each day. It did disappear for a couple of weeks but is back again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon.