webroot protection insufficient for internet explorer

Userlevel 1
malicious attacked not got caught by webrrot in ie latest version...
i visit
https://www.300mbmoviess.com
 you have too much malicious attack but this is isn't getting blocked
//
same is blocked in chrome
steps to produce
1. open ie with webroot extensions enabled....
2.go here 
https://www.300mbmoviess.com
3.click anywhere in page
4.you will get malicious popup which is not getting blocked in ie but in chrome same is blocked

In ie webroot is unable to catch this....
can we have idea@webroot threat research team

36 replies

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

What is the point your trying to make? You just post pictures???? If your Malware testing we ask you not to posts topics on such things so please read this:

Please read this:
I've added relevant content to this topic.  I am not malware testing.  
Posted pictures are related, relevant, timely content added to this thread as well intended Help for Webrooters.
My contributions to this thread are addressed to the opening post/poster and the Webroot Community. 

If you feel the need to admonish me in public, to correct in your VIP capacity some erroneous perceived Community misconduct.  What is the point you're trying to make?  

Userlevel 7
In my humble opinion you are helping no one but yyourself...the URLs of these sites are discernable from the screenshots and could induce a user who knows no better to try them out. As Dan has posted...if you have some sites that are suspicious or the like then submit a reprutation change request.

That is the correct thing to do.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
If you run into malicious URLs that are not blocked, you can submit a URL Categorization Change Request to have it classified as a Malware Site.

-Dan
this redirect from https://www.300mbmoviess.com/ here > http://secure.16rd0117.xyz/performance/bdv_rd.dbm?enparms2=9861,1801078,2447233,9812,9815,14711,10022,0,0,9816,0,1798001,469636,11667,116517107239,190348704,nlx.hhvrelnyn003&ioa=0&ncm=1&bd_ref_v=www.bidvertiser.com&TREF=1&WIN_NAME=&Category=1000&ownid=608956-407753552&u_agnt=&skter=yn003%2Bhvreln%2Bwzlomdlw%2Bvviu%2Bnoru%2Blrwfz%2Bozfw%2Bwzlomdlwyn003%2Bvreln%2Boofu&skwdb=ooz_wvvu  < is BrightCloud rated Suspicious.  I land on the redirect page with no indication of Suspicious.
this redirect from https://www.300mbmoviess.com/ here > http://free.videodownloadconverter.com/index.jhtml?partner=HJxpu684&s2=-2327324556252805479&s1=608956 is BrightCloud rated Suspicious.  I land on the redirect page with no indication of Suspicious.
Should I request 300mbmovies.com as Malware Site or each rated Suspicious as Malware Site.
@ wrote:
What is the point your trying to make? You just post pictures???? If your Malware testing we ask you not to posts topics on such things
@ wrote:
In my humble opinion you are helping no one but yyourself...
@ wrote:

I concur with JP.
Whilst I agree that @'s screenshot post was not clear and initially confusing (at least for me), and also agree that it is generally not advisable to post screenshots of potential malware links on this Forum, I do feel that these reactions are a bit over the top (...as if: "We think this poster might be a troll, so let's immediately jump on him :@" ).
My feeling is that this kind of thing does no favours to this (otherwise very friendly) Forum.
Just my 2 cents worth (not asking people agree with me. Just expressing my opinion) ;)
Userlevel 1
guys relax.........
i have opened support ticket and they are able to produce problems on their test machine with internet explorer as a browser @
so it was a problem with webroot extension on internet explorer....

don't give classic replies(like automated system generated)
To Webroot Community Admin & Mods,

> here's a notion
When I post content that violates Community Guidelines
Delete content
> no need for theatrics
😉
Userlevel 7

I concur with JP.
Whilst I agree that @bjm_'s screenshot post was not clear and initially confusing (at least for me), and also agree that it is generally not advisable to post screenshots of potential malware links on this Forum, I do feel that these reactions are a bit over the top (...as if: "We think this poster might be a troll, so let's immediately jump on him :@" ).
My feeling is that this kind of thing does no favours to this (otherwise very friendly) Forum.
Just my 2 cents worth (not asking people agree with me. Just expressing my opinion) ;)
Thanks for the great input,@Muddy7 :catwink:

We encourage everyone to share their opinions here on the Community, so long as they do it in a respectful manner that is not degrading to any other user.

Let's assume that everyone here has the best intent in their heart and not post responses that can lean towards sarcastic.
@ wrote:
To Webroot Community Admin & Mods,

> here's a notion
When I post content that violates Community Guidelines
Delete content
...and perhaps send a PM to the poster explaining why they felt obligated to do this, with helpful guidelines as to how to avoid the situation in future?
In order to deal with malware infection and protect your web browser you need a professional malware removal tool. This tool will allow you to get rid of any kind of malicious attack without need of any sacrifice.  

Symptoms of Ripper Infection
  • Computer will start behaving unpredictably
  • You will receive unexpected operating system error messages
  • BSoD Errors in Windows
  • Slow computer performance
  • Programs will display “Not Responding” error messages

For more: <URL snipped as posting contrary to Community Guidelines>
Userlevel 7
Hi jackadision

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for your contribution.

Unfortunately whilst your views on the subject are fine (not that we would agree with them as we recommend that if WSA cannot deal with an infection then users should open a support ticket to avail themselves of professional assistance from the Webroot Support Team), your posting of a link to a 3rd party product (or one purported to be) is contrary to the Community Guidelines (please see HERE for these).

Regards, Baldrick