Webroot reporting .... where?

• 6 December 2013
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I cannot find any serious reporting in WebRoot.
I came from Norton Internet Security so I'm used to a very good reporting.
Here I cannot find any credible reporting of WebRoot activity.
For example, I don't care to know how many system events were checked from WebRoot (it's only a meaningless information).
But i want to know how many threats/virus and other were found and I want to see all detail of this.
The date and time, the name of file, where it was located, the threat name found etc.
I want to be able to restore that file and add to "ignore list" the file.
Actually I see on WebRoot main window the message "Threats removed   1".
But how to know all details?
I cannot accept to be a blinded passenger of WebRoot.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You can open Webroot SecureAnywhere, click the gear to the right of Utilities, click Reports, and click Save thread log.

Badge +1
Yes, I know that.
That has nothing to do with a normal reporting, also nothing to do with restore and ignore threats like other antivirus.
That's an '80 years level reporting.

Userlevel 7
Adding specific files to Allow/Block/Monitor: Click the tool icon next to PC Security, click Block/Allow Files, click Add File to add a custom .exe

Restoring .exe's from Quarantine: Click the gear next to PC Security, click Quarantine, click Restore after selecting the file you would like to restore

Badge +1
Hi, many thanks.
But .... have you never used a competitor antivirus?
I've used Norton Internet Security, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avira, AVG.
Actually I've active licenses of NIS and Avira and WebRoot.
Normally an antivirus scan your computer, after, if it found some threat it shows a report window.
Where you can see all info about threat, and you can choice to restore and ignore the threat (for example euristics false detection).
Also, after some months (for example) you can open the report log (not on a saved to disk file, ha ha) and see in a specific period what events happened and do the same things to restore/ignore etc.
Seems that WebRoot don't know what competitor offers in scan reporting.
I think that is the only big lack in WebRoot sosftware, apart this is the best product.
Userlevel 7
Hi positiveday

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

I was interested by your comments...as I actually use WSA in tandem with KIS for real time protection (a marriage made in heaven IMHO) and I have to say that I much prefer the WSA approach and the ability to save a scan log as a file if I want to, to get the detail (both of a recent scan and of historical scans).  Personally I find getting the raw data out of KIS, for say inclusion in a support ticket or the like, much more difficult.  And interestingly enough with regards to quarantine, KIS 2014 is more aligned with WSA than previously in the way you can identify the files and/or .exes that have been 'caught' and then either delete them or restore them, etc.

Just my opinion as a user of another security product (not a competitor as I do not work for Webroot or have any affiliation with the company...I am a volunteer).

Anyway, we enjoy a good debate and a frank sharing of views here so hope that you will continue to stop by and share...;)

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
Badge +1
Hello Baldrick, I had forgotten this thread, but as you know, nothing has changed.
For what is my personal experience ( I purchased the first copy of Norton Antivirus in early '90 ) I've ever found more useful to inspect the history of what happend on my PC using an interface offered from the antivirus/firewall software than scan raw data in a text file.
About KIS, although I currently have an active Dr.Web license, I decided not to use Russian software on my computers, my point of view, in doubt better avoid ...
So actually I cannot compare what offers that AV interface.
Many thanks for your point of view obvioulsy!