Solved

Webroot Secureanyhere and Online Gaming

• 15 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I have been using Webroot for a while now, and mostly I find it a nice addition to my security suite, however one BIG problem I have comes from the Identity protection module.

When ever I am playing online games that rely on keystroke input, if I tab to another window and tab back in, my game will process several key inputs that I did not play, the biggest offenders for this are World of Warcraft and Destiny 2, but I have seen the problem with other mmos and online games.

Specifically it seems this issue is to do with the way identity protection encrypts keystrokes, turning off identity protection completely resolves the issue, however, since I am paying for software with one of its main selling points being identity protection I would appreciate a better solution.

Yes I have made exceptions for the game exe files and such as the first line support will suggest, I have tested this with multiple games and with multiple combinations of software running in the background and the only one that causes this behaviour is Webroot, with Identity protection turned on.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 15 June 2020, 16:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Kothoses 

For issues like this it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket as it could be a simple thing of getting some files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,