Solved

Webroot slows down and crashes my system when Substance Designer is running

• 3 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,
After 2 windows reinstalls, I finally (think) that I found the culprit - which unfortunately is Webroot.
I am running a program called Substance Designer by Allegorithmic. One of the processes it uses is called sbscooker.exe
After looking at their support forums with people with similar issues, it came down to the AV constantly monitoring that file.

In my case, when WR is running, computer slows and crashes. When WR is off, program works without a glitch.

My question is: can I isolate WR from monitoring that Substance Designer and any of the processes it's running?
I've tried - in the Block/Allow files - to allow all of the relevant exes but it still doesn't work.
Also, the main program "Software Designer.exe" is not recogized by WR as an executable(?!)

Thanks for your help. It's been a frustrating weekend because of this, and I need the software for work.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 3 July 2017, 20:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello xflaye, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem and have your files Whitelisted. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave