Solved

Webroot Toolbar in Firefox 19.0.6

• 9 March 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello everyone.

I have used WSA Complete for about a week.
Yesterday I downloaded Firefox 19.0.2 (I have never used Firefox before), but I can't see/find the toolbar anywere.

It doesn't show in Chrome either, and in IE only the icon shows - not any drop down menu.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 9 March 2013, 21:03

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi AndersF and welcome to the Community!

The toolbar is for use with Password Manager, so you want to be sure that you have enabled that feature.  Log into your Account Portal and go to Passwords.  If you have not set up passwords for that account, it may Look Like This  You might also want to check your user permissions.  Manage Users in the Console is where you can make sure your account has the correct access permissions.

The toolbar itself uses browser extensions.  You might try using the Toolbar Fix as discussed In This Thread

If these suggestions do not work, you can also Submit a Trouble Ticket  A Webroot Mod is usually online in here around 9 AM Mountain  time, and they can review the information in the trouble ticket as well.
Userlevel 1
Thanks DavidP!

The Toolbarfix made the toolbar appear in Chrome, but not in Firefox.
I guess I just use Chrome.
Userlevel 7
It might be disabled in Firefox. If you click on the Firefox menu and go to Add-Ons, is it possibly in that list but in a disabled state? It's also possible it could show up after the next reboot if you haven't restarted yet.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim!!
@ wrote:
It might be disabled in Firefox. If you click on the Firefox menu and go to Add-Ons, is it possibly in that list but in a disabled state? It's also possible it could show up after the next reboot if you haven't restarted yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks DavidP!

The Toolbarfix made the toolbar appear in Chrome, but not in Firefox.
I guess I just use Chrome.
Hello AndersF and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

You could try a clean reinstall if Jim's suggestion doesn't work? Uninstall reboot and download a Fresh Copy Here or if you are using the "Best Buy version for subscription software" and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode as you will need it during install and that should force the password toolbar to install in IE, Chrome and Firefox! Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 1
Thanks TH!

A clean reinstall was the solution.

Userlevel 1
Thanks JimM, but the Toolbar was not in the add-ons list after running the Toolbarfix
Userlevel 7
Regardless of what the end solution is, we are all glad you are fixed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks TH!

A clean reinstall was the solution.

Your very welcome and I'm glad your all set! ;)

Cheers,

TH