Solved

Webroot toolbar/password manager & slow browsing issues

Hi!  I have had Webroot for a few years new.  I recently purchased a new SecureAnywhere Complete from Best Buy because my subscription was due to expire. I have activated the new keycode and my email shows I have 'Access' to passwords along with the new keycode when I look at my account online, however when I log into the webroot toolbar, I get an error 'Unkown email address'.  I have tried the toolbar fix as well as uninstalling & reinstalling webroot using the new CD it came with from my recent Best Buy purchase.  I have also noticed that within the last year, my PC has slowed down considerably, particularly when web browsing.  It has gradually gotten worse within the last few months.  Web pages sometimes take rather long to open or sometimes I experience the windows freezing up.  My PC recently crashed last week.  Is this something Webroot support can fix?  I know the Password Manager issue is something Webroot support can likely fix, but what about the slow browsing issues?  Is this something often seen by Webroot users?
Thanks for any input on this.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 25 March 2013, 16:10

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi smary28

Also, if you do not remember the password to this account, you can use the Password Reset feature.
There were 2 email addresses associated with this account.  The Yahoo email address was always on the subscription, but listed under the 2nd user for this account.  Also, any thoughts on the slow browsing issue?  Is this something Webroot support could help me with?  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help!
Also, I do not want my login to be changed to the Yahoo email address.  I've sent  you a private message regarding the correct email that should be and always has been used. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
I have responded to your private message and a fresh uninstall/reinstall may fix the browsing issue. However, if it does not, Opening a Support Ticket would be the best route so that we can collect WSA logs and take a closer look.

SecureAnywhere Windows Installer
Still no go.  I will submit a support ticket tomorrow.  Thanks for your help!
I tried again using your link to reinstall, then I shut down and restarted and it now I am able to access my Password Manager!
I am now able to login again using the Webroot toolbar.  It still has not helped with the browsing issue, so I will submit a support ticket for that, but thanks for the link to reinstall.  That worked for allowing access to Password Management again.  Not sure why the CD I just purchased didn't work, but thanks for your help!
Userlevel 7
I added temporary days to the old subscription - glad to hear you now have access. Thank you for your patience, support will be able to take care of your browsing inquiry tomorrow. 😃
I see you added 30 days to the old subscription/keycode.  Does that mean I'm going to have issues again when those 30 days expire?
Userlevel 7
The passwords functionality will work with multiple keycodes on the account, so as long as within the Manage Keycodes section, you see the most recent keycode with 362 days remaining, the passwords section should remain.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The passwords functionality will work with multiple keycodes on the account, so as long as within the Manage Keycodes section, you see the most recent keycode with 362 days remaining, the passwords section should remain.
Has the behavior changed recently from a few months ago when I had a password issue?
Userlevel 7
If there are separate consoles the passwords will be separated accordingly, but if you have multiple keycodes on the same console, the passwords will be saved to that specific user.

Did you have separate consoles?
Userlevel 7
No.  One Console, one key code was expired, and I had a new key code.  We had to move the user/password account from the old key code to the new one to restore password function.  It was an easy fix, 
Userlevel 7
That's what we did, but in this case something on the back-end was hanging onto the old keycode. I added 30 days to the old one to push the update to password management.

Userlevel 7
smary28 - can you please check to see if the most recent keycode is in your online account under Manage Keycodes?
Userlevel 7
Ah OK 🙂  Thanks for the clarification.  I am still learning here, so I still ask questions to better understand :D
Userlevel 7
No problem at all - this issue arose because there was a much older online console that I associated the newest keycode to. This console had been innactive for a good amount of time so there were a few hiccups when transitioning it to the email address specified by smary28.
Userlevel 7
I have probably said this before, but I will say it again.  Huge Kudo's to all the Webroot team here.. you are all always very patient and willing to help us out in learning and understanding.

Thanks again Mike!
Hi - When I log into my online account, go to Manage Keycodes, I see 3 different keycodes from the past 3 Webroot subscriptions I've had.  One is highlighted in red and shows 'Expired', the recently expired keycode is highlighted in orange and now shows 30 days remaining (the one you have added 30 extra days to), and then the newly added keycode which shows 361 days remaining.  So just to clarify, I don't need to do anything regarding this?  I want to make sure it's not going to be an issue when that 30 extra days you put on the old keycode expires.  Thanks again for all your help!
Userlevel 7
I double-checked on the back-end as well and the most recent keycode is associated as the primary keycode on your online account. The password management should remain after the days on the old keycode run out.

Edit: We can always just swap the days to the old keycode as well. No need to worry! 😃