Webroot turned off , showing message numerous times on slide in notification action center

Show first post

142 replies

Userlevel 4
:(Thanks
Userlevel 4
😳 Lol  It just shows crossing fingers don't help lol thanks anyway nice to know.
Userlevel 5
Popcorn Said:
This is the third day I haven't got notification that Webroot turned off was there a fix for this?  I did do somethig different it may or may not did any impact on the notifications here it goes.  When I boot up my pc I got Failure to connect to windows services.  I found the solution to this problem on the internet.  Go to Start type command prompt then Right click - click on run as a administrator - type  netsh winsock reset  Restart computer.  And since I did this I had no more notification saying Webroot turned off.  Maby that was my problem worth a try.   Cheers!

Well I tried this and rebooted and it is blessedly silent!!!!

Thank goodness I can now open webroot, browse the web and do all the normal things I do without a stack of 30+ check your antivirus messages. It is good so far for 2 hours, here's hoping it stays good...
Userlevel 4
I tried your idea but sad to say didn't work, the test is open and close Webroot numerous times and you will see notification icon flash and then a few times after that it records message.
Userlevel 7
Well, just to say that the best version has just come out and is now v9.0.8.78...so I am sure that those members of the beta testing group that have the issue will be checking to see if anything in this release resolves/fixes this issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Hi,  How do I get this best version v9.08.78?

popcorn
Userlevel 4
IHi,   I check microsoft community for answers why slide in notification action center says webroot is turn off when it is not turn off.  Microsoft community does not have any answers to this problem.  There are other antivirus software that have same issue. I think this issureis with windows 10 not webroot  Why isn't this issue address to Microsoft  I notice in the Microsoft community keeps putting the problem on Webroot.  Just a thought.

Popcorn

Userlevel 7
Hi PoPCorn

Unofficially, it looks like the latest beta that is being tested right now will include a fix for this issue. It is early days in the beta test but hopefully if all pans out Webroot will push the relase out soon.

Almost there, I think...so just a little more patience required.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gary,

The Beta users are finding with the latest Bata that these notfications are not appearing any longer. So just a bit more patience and then the new Webroot release will fix this issue.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi,  I still get the notications as of Tuesday.  Will see for today I just got on my computer.  :D

PopCorn 
Well make sure you have v9.0.8.80 installed! If you don't have it just download and install over top and reboot!

Standard Download Link PC:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there PoPCorn ,

You can find the Webroot version by hovering your mouse over Webroot in the taskbar and it will tell you what WR version you have. So if you don't have this version then simply click on the link above that Daniel gave you and this link will update Webroot to the latest version and then reboot your computer afterwards. 

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 4
Yes, I do have the latest version.  Thanks

Popcorn:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your welcome...Thanks for letting us know,:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's a known issue and Webroot is working on it and it may not be WSA as it could be a Windows 10 issue as some are having this issue and some are not like me and many others. But note that WSA is on and working and still protecting you as it has something to do with the Security Center! I also see some other AV's are having the same issues. https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFoO8jgSDkL_4AQ#q=Windows+10+security+center+reports+antivirus+is+not+active

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well of course they would say that instead of fixing the issue and do you want Windows Defender protecting you? Not me and here's why: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/What-s-the-difference-between-the-new-Windows-Defender-and/ta-p/13852

And I don't have this issue on my 2 Windows 10 systems.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There is a bug and I assume it's in Windows 10 but not affecting all but note that WSA is running and still protecting you so just keep an eye out for when this gets fixed! Also can you post the link to that Microsoft thread?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I replied to that thread at Microsoft!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea that would be a pain! See if you can post it on the Microsoft site? If not I will if you want?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Daniel, I think I found a work around for this problem, I changed security setting and the pop up slide in message has not come up in a few hours now, the real test is for 24 hours to pass, I noticed numerous other users are posting the same problem and getting very upset about this issue, I am attaching what I did ( unchecked the three boxes that have arrows pointed at them), let me know what you think ? thanks Scott.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Scott,

Yes that would stop the messages as your telling it not to monitor security software but it's not a fix so we will have to wait and see as Patch Tuesday is this coming Tuesday and we will see what Microsoft can come up with or what they brake again?

Daniel
Userlevel 4
yes I know it's not a fix, but as you said you are not seeing this problem, for the people who are it's very annoying on the desktop seeing this message over 10 times during the course of the day while you are working, so I plan to check those three boxes again after patch Tuesday 3/8 and see if there was a fix, this was just a suggestion to stop the annoying pop up .
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That just tells me there's issues with Security Center/Action Center so hopefully Microsoft will get them fixed tomorrow. I tried your steps and I could not reproduce so we wait.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I have just received a zip file from support which contains reg entries for a |Vista Security Center fix dated Feb 24/2016. I have not applied this fix as yet. I am waiting on a query about the validity of this fix applied to Windows 10??
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Answer from support......................Not suitable enough for me to apply this fix! I will wait for tomorrow's Patch Tuesday.....

Hello,

The same issue is effecting vista users as well. Just an unfortunately named file. Did it not work either?

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Sincerely,

The Webroot Support Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
For some big threads like this I'd be concerned that combining them would make the conversation confusing since all the different posts would be interleaved. We could lock one thread and point to the main one if that would avoid some confusion.
That sounds good to me..which thread are we going to point too?