Webroot turned off , showing message numerous times on slide in notification action center

Userlevel 4
this problem has been going on for about a week, I think since Microsoft last Windows 10 update on 3/1, security center shows Webroot on and OK, but numerous times during the day on the desktop the slide in notification for action center shows webroot and windows defender turned off click to check security center , I have tried removing webroot completly and reinstalled webroot, tried changing security center in services to auto restarted didn't work, then back to delay start didn't work messages still keep coming , not sure what else to try, it seems numerous windows 10 webroot users are having this problem,and I already put in four message for tech support but no answers yet, any thoughts on this different from what I have tried will help , thanks.

142 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
wOw.........................Now there is a blurb and a half!
Userlevel 7
Ah, yes...APIs...a God send and a curse...all in one...depending on who you are and where is the food chain you sit, i.e., developer or user, etc. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Again not all of us are having this issue and it's because of some Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511 and changes in the system API's. Sorry I can't say more but Webroot is working on it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

Daniel ;)
Thanks Daniel for the added information! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Any new ones just point them to what I said above!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sounds good! Will do! 🙂
Userlevel 4
I was just told by Webroot support to change services for security center from delayed to automatic and this is the fix for the problem, but this was tried days ago and doesn't work , this is the fix tech support is telling customers ? and when I told them it doesn't work and there was suppose to be a real fix soon then no reply from tech support, I thought Daniel had contacted Nic and they were working on a fix but now I am told this is the fix ????????????????????????????? not sure what's going on ????????
Userlevel 4
sorry it was Lucas that Daniel got info from regarding fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Unfortunately the Webroot uninstaller does not completely remove ALL Webroot Registry entries. I have uninstalled the program several times in the last few weeks and there are two or three entries that constantly remain in the registry. I have previously reported this to Support. While it is not unusual for some entries to remain when a program has been uninstalled, many antivirus programs DO provide a total uninstall application.
Being leaders in the field I would expect that our uninstaller should uninstall the program completely! Some of these leftover registry entries may be affecting the uninstall/reinstall process.
We cannot expect a Novice to be tinkering with the Registry.
Yesterday @ 1030h I decided to uninstall using Revo uninstaller pro in the ADVANCED mode, which removed all traces of Webroot from the Registry, and 15 to 20 entries from %appdata% Microsoft Edge. Restarted after uninstalling, Re-installed Webroot and let it complete the initial scan and restarted again.
Am once again monitoring for the security notice!
Userlevel 7
Hi Lyle

Whilst what you say is true the remining entries should not in general cause any issues. This has been noted in previous discussions and personally I have never noticed that there has been an issue following an uninstall. Having said that using Revo is a useful move if one just wants to make sure...but really it should not cause any issues.

Regards Baldrick
Userlevel 4
I talked to Webroot support yesterday they called me , we had a long talk about this issue and as before they are well aware of the problem and hope to have a fix for next release , but what does that mean next release and when ? all the things I have tried didn't work and I was told not to bother trying anthing else until there is a fix, good luck all, Scott.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Scott,

Well the next release is what it means as Webroot is always updating the Client see here for the last few updates: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-consumer-release-notes and I would assume us Beta testers will get it before it is released. I see you haven't gone into the Beta Group as ? has givin you access and a BETA keycode. If you want to chat send me a IM: https://community.webroot.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/758

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
I am also getting this error in the Windows system log (Win 10 64bit WR version 9.0.8.72) after every reboot.
The wrUrlFlt service failed to start due to the following error:
There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

Until the problem is fixed by Webroot, am I protected?  IS URL filtering working or not? 
Userlevel 4
if you look earlier in this same post I asked the same thing and was told that this happens randomly and not to worry about it, good luck Scott, and Windows had a update today wondering if the slide in message problem will change ???????????????
Userlevel 1
I read your earlier post and realize that Webroot is working on the problem.  In my case the message appears in the Windows System log for EVERY boot, not just randomly.  That is why I am asking if WR is protecting url's or not?
Userlevel 7
Hi JohnWR

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As far as we know WSA's operation is not affected and it is mainly an issue with communication with the Security Centre but if you have any cocnerns you can Open a Support Ticket to put the question directly to the Support Team who will be pleased to advise accordingly.

In addition you can also check via the Task Manager (right click on the Desktop task bar and select 'Task Manager', making sure that in the bottom left hand corner it says 'Fewer details') to see if yo are seeing these two WSA-related entries under the Processes tab:

If they are there and running then my considered view would be that WSA is active and protecting you...but as I said...if in doubt, contact the Support Team.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you.  I opened the Task Manager and both WSA-related entries are active and there under the Processes tab.

Userlevel 7
No worries John, gald to be able to help. Hopefully it is just a matter of time for the Webroot Support Team to sort this out, which apparentlyis of Microsoft's doing due to some changes they made duringt he last main update of Windows.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
I am now getting the same error as others , just started a couple of days ago and it shows up daily ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I am now getting the same error as others , just started a couple of days ago and it shows up daily ?

Are you using the BETA keycode Nic gave you? If not the Web Filter Driver is not Active for Non-Beta Testers so I would not worry about that even if you were using the BETA keycode as Event Viewer shows that but it doesn't tell you it has started working normal just after that message! Please look in your Private Messages and Join the Closed Beta Group there is more info in there!!

Daniel

Userlevel 4
:(I have the same problem,  this being going on 3 weeks ago why isn't the issue sloved?  It is very annoying to get this notication Webroot turned off.  Make me think the computer is at risk.  I have this problem for a week now. Grrrr...
Userlevel 4
 :(  Sorry, I posted in wrong area.  I have the same problem Webroot turned off, showing message numerous times on slide notification action center this has been on going now for a week please is there a remedy for this?  It makes me think my pc is at risk. Thanks for any solutions.

POPCorn
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hey PoPCorn.......and nice to see you again....................Most of us are suffering from the same malady and waiting patiently for THE FiX!...............Hang in there it should be fixed very soon.
Userlevel 4
:D  Thamks you for the comforting thought,  I will try to hang in there.  Sorry I posted 2x I couldn't find my first post lol must be my age.

PopCorn
Userlevel 7
But, popcorn, what is making it difficult for the Support Team as that no all of are suffering from this unfortunate issue...if we all where then a fix would be easier to come by but when only some users have the issue then it takes more time to resolve given that one does not want to provide a fix for the affected that resolve it for them only to cause a further issues for others who do not have the original issue.

Not easy whichever way one looks at things. :(

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Yes very unfortunate it only effects a small number of people, I among them. I have a laptop where the issue does not happen and a desktop where it does, if there is any info I can provide that may help I would be happy to try to send in whatever diagnostics from both of them.