Webroot turned off , showing message numerous times on slide in notification action center

Userlevel 4
this problem has been going on for about a week, I think since Microsoft last Windows 10 update on 3/1, security center shows Webroot on and OK, but numerous times during the day on the desktop the slide in notification for action center shows webroot and windows defender turned off click to check security center , I have tried removing webroot completly and reinstalled webroot, tried changing security center in services to auto restarted didn't work, then back to delay start didn't work messages still keep coming , not sure what else to try, it seems numerous windows 10 webroot users are having this problem,and I already put in four message for tech support but no answers yet, any thoughts on this different from what I have tried will help , thanks.

142 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi kliebor

Completely agree..and also makes the determination of the issue and then the fix so much harder to undertake as one has to be careful that the fix does not break anything re. those not experiencing the current issue.

Thanks for your offer of information...I am sure that the Support Team will appreciate any additional input that may help. If you do have something to submit then please get it to the Support Team directly by Opening a Support Ticket to pass on the details.

And keep watching in the Community for news of a permanent fix.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
😉 This is the third day I haven't got notification that Webroot turned off was there a fix for this?  I did do somethig different it may or may not did any impact on the notifications here it goes.  When I boot up my pc I got Failure to connect to windows services.  I found the solution to this problem on the internet.  Go to Start type command prompt then Right click - click on run as a administrator - type  netsh winsock reset  Restart computer.  And since I did this I had no more notification saying Webroot turned off.  Maby that was my problem worth a try.   Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi PoPCorn,

At this point anything is worth a try for those with this issue. I am happy it works for you. As I still haven't had any issues with my W 10 notifications from the Securiy Center!
Userlevel 7
Likewise, PoPCorn, I am glad that it works for you...but like Sherry I have not experienced the problem on any of my Windows systems...so it is still a case that it is an issue for some and not for others, and of those that have the issue the 'fix' works for some but not all.

All very unsatisfactory...but then that is the nature of these sorts of issue...unfortunately. But I am sure that the Support Team will sort it in the end. ;)
Userlevel 4
:DThankts for the reply.  I hope it is a final solution for me.  I was thinking it is windows 10 that is turning Webroot off, maby in my case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi PoPCorn

You are welocme..but it's hard to say what the issue is..because there are some with this issue and others not as we have said. But I do have 3 systems running 10 and I have not seen this occuring. Lucky me...I am sure this is frustrating to all who haven't a solution yet. So I hope your PC stays working. ;)

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
:DThankts for the reply.  I hope it is a final solution for me.  I was thinking it is windows 10 that is turning Webroot off, maby in my case.
As far as I have understood it WSA is not actually affected in terms of its operatiosn and it still protects the client system...it is just the interaction between WSA and the Security Centre reporting that his the issue...but of course, if Windows says that WSA is off or not protecting then users will take note...whether that is correct or not.

I do hope that it gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Sorry,  please what is WSA?  
Userlevel 7
Apologies, PoPCorn, if I confused you...WSA is shorthand for Webroot SecureAnyWhere. :$

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Thanks no need to apologize I am just learning.  I also think in my case it might  be my computer acting up.
Userlevel 7
Thanks, PoPCorn...if it helps...we are all learning, everyday...even when we have been around this Community a while now...;)
Userlevel 4
:@opps!  Sorry I just got the Notification Webroot turn off.  As alsways it turns back on .  So I still have the problem.

Userlevel 7
Rats...and I had my fingers crossed for you. :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
So sorry about that PoPcorn! 😞
Userlevel 4
:(Thanks
Userlevel 4
😳 Lol  It just shows crossing fingers don't help lol thanks anyway nice to know.
Userlevel 5
Popcorn Said:
This is the third day I haven't got notification that Webroot turned off was there a fix for this?  I did do somethig different it may or may not did any impact on the notifications here it goes.  When I boot up my pc I got Failure to connect to windows services.  I found the solution to this problem on the internet.  Go to Start type command prompt then Right click - click on run as a administrator - type  netsh winsock reset  Restart computer.  And since I did this I had no more notification saying Webroot turned off.  Maby that was my problem worth a try.   Cheers!

Well I tried this and rebooted and it is blessedly silent!!!!

Thank goodness I can now open webroot, browse the web and do all the normal things I do without a stack of 30+ check your antivirus messages. It is good so far for 2 hours, here's hoping it stays good...
Userlevel 4
I tried your idea but sad to say didn't work, the test is open and close Webroot numerous times and you will see notification icon flash and then a few times after that it records message.
Userlevel 7
As I have said before itis not the number of hours that seems material but rather then number of reboots...if one can get through a dozen or so then it would seem that the fix works but otherwise the issue will, unfortunately, return thereafter...:(
Userlevel 5
The mere fact that this prevents it for a series of reboots tends to point to something windows is doing corrupting something in the network communications sockets...

Maybe preventing windows from getting the hey I'm turned on and protecting your PC messages sent to the service that maintains the system status pages.
Userlevel 7
Well, just to say that the best version has just come out and is now v9.0.8.78...so I am sure that those members of the beta testing group that have the issue will be checking to see if anything in this release resolves/fixes this issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Hi,  How do I get this best version v9.08.78?

popcorn
Userlevel 7
Hi PoPCorn

The way to get hold of it is to await it's formal general release by Webroot. It goes through a process of verification which includes a period in beta format, and if that goes well then it will be released/'pushed' out to users.

If this version does include a fix for the Security Centre notifications, and we have no formal information to advise that it does, then I am sure that it will be released generally just as soon as Webroot are sure that it will not cause users any other issues.

So, a bit more patience is required, and fingers crossed that it does include a fix for the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
:D  Thank you.  Have a nice day!

Popcorn
Userlevel 4
IHi,   I check microsoft community for answers why slide in notification action center says webroot is turn off when it is not turn off.  Microsoft community does not have any answers to this problem.  There are other antivirus software that have same issue. I think this issureis with windows 10 not webroot  Why isn't this issue address to Microsoft  I notice in the Microsoft community keeps putting the problem on Webroot.  Just a thought.

Popcorn