webroot wants to make changes to your computer ???

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Hello Everyone.

In the past few days when I Turn on my computer, I see the message indicating that webroot wants to make changes to your computer do you allow that ?
It is the message from the user account from window 8.1
any help please ?
Thank you

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello Everyone.

In the past few days when I Turn on my computer, I see the message indicating that webroot wants to make changes to your computer do you allow that ?
any help please ?
Thank you
Hello venus60, I've had this pop up before. As I've selected yes to the changes.Does it only popup when restarting your computer? Have you ran a manual AV on WSA Here and I'm wondering if a clean reinstall of WSA is necessary. Maybe one of the other members can supply us with more information. So please be patient and we will get to the bottom of this for you!

Regarding the permission changes message, this may have to do with the way your user account is set up on your computer. Is it a standard user or admin account? If this is the only time you get this message, I wouldn't worry about it. If, however, you continue to get this message each time you scan (and you are an admin), I would suggest submitting a support ticket so we can look at the issue in more detail.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello Everyone.

any help please ?
Thank you
Hello venus60, I've had this pop up before. As I've selected yes to the changes.Does it only popup when restarting your computer? Have you ran a manual AV on WSA Here and I'm wondering if a clean reinstall of WSA is necessary. Maybe one of the other members can supply us with more information. So please be patient and we will get to the bottom of this for you!

Thank You
Welcome to the community!

May I ask if you by any chance purchased a new keycode in lieu of renewing? If so, are you getting the message while attempting to install Webroot?

It is possible it is due to the UAC, user control setting in Windows 8.1. . Can you check your setting please?

If you have Webroot scheduled scans to optimize your computer and your settings are to always notify, you may get that warning from UAC.

Please check  this link scheduling optimization and let us know your setting for optimizing.

You may also want to submit a support ticket

Beth
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
I don't see the "scheduled scans to optimize your computer and your settings are to always notify,"
I have it on Optimize at specific time an it is at 6:00PM.

And Enable scheduled optimization is UNCHECKED.

Is it better to set the optimize time for example like early morning so I am not working with my computer or dose it matter if I am working with my computer at the same time it is Optimized ?

Also, Inside Scan Scheduler It is set to Enable scheduled scan at it is set to scan every day scan at 6:00 PM when resources are available. should I change this settings  to very early in the morning so the computer is Off ?

Also, I have not installed my webroot recently, I don't think it is a installation issue.

My  User Account  Setting is set on Always Notify. Should I change it to the Middle one which is Do Not Notify me when I Make Changes To My Computer ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Venus60, as you say here:

I don't see the "scheduled scans to optimize your computer and your settings are to always notify,"

Is it better to set the optimize time for example like early morning so I am not working with my computer or dose it matter if I am working with my computer at the same time it is Optimized ?

Also, Inside Scan Scheduler It is set to Enable scheduled scan at it is set to scan every day scan at 6:00 PM when resources are available. should I change this settings to very early in the morning so the computer is Off ?

Also, I have not installed my webroot recently, I don't think it is a installation issue.

My User Account Setting is set on Always Notify. Should I change it to the Middle one which is Do Not Notify me when I Make Changes To My Computer ?
------------------
Venus 60....Yes set the User account Setting to the Middle one..as Was shown in previous post.

Thank you for getting back with us and if this doesn't solve your problem please come back and we will help you resolve this issue! :)

Have a nice evening! 😉
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

Also, Inside Scan Scheduler It is set to Enable scheduled scan at it is set to scan every day scan at 6:00 PM when resources are available. should I change this settings  to very early in the morning so the computer is Off ?

My  User Account  Setting is set on Always Notify. Should I change it to the Middle one which is Do Not Notify me when I Make Changes To My Computer ?

Hi venus60!

Thank you for clarifying that you have not recently done a new installation.

Set your UAC as in the image on my previouys post.

The scheduled scan for your computer can be changed if you like, just be sure to have the box checked to scan at bootup. It is very fast.

As for scheduling Optimization, if you are not maually optimizing, it is best to schedule when you are not using your computer, provided you are leaving the computer on.

Click on the gear next to Advanced settings as indicated by the red arrow

If you choose to enable scheduling, check the box to enable, choose a time, and check the box to run  at boot up if you shut down your computer before that chosen time.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with and come back often!

Beth
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Hi Venus60

How are you doing?  Not seen you about lately so hope all is well with you?

To be perfectly honest, if I may add my thoughts here, I would not schedule the Optimizer but run it manually, periodically, say just before doing a back up or image of your machine (if yo take that precaution).  The effectiveness of the Optimizer will depend on how much you have used the machine is the time since the last run, and how much you have been using the areas that the Optimizer is set to optimise/clean.

Not sure if that is of any help but hopefully adds to the information for you to consider on this subject.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's what I do as well I like to control things happening on my systems and I do it manually when I feel I need to but to each there own! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Hi TripleHex Daniel

How are you today, remember me little voice the one that mentioned about setting the Optimizer to help rid the report. I had an issue with Optimizer 2 times after repair of defrag file as well. May I pick your brain later if this didn't work.
Thank you and have a great day.

Little Voice
Emmy
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi TripleHex Daniel

How are you today, remember me little voice the one that mentioned about setting the Optimizer to help rid the report. I had an issue with Optimizer 2 times after repair of defrag file as well. May I pick your brain later if this didn't work.
Thank you and have a great day.

Little Voice
Emmy
Hi Emmy,

Sure but if there is something going wrong with WSA and defrag it's best to contact the support inbox as they can gather logs with a tool of there's and get more info as it could be a simple thing as getting some files Whitelisted in the Cloud Database.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Hi Triple Hex
Thank you so very much for all your assistance. I really mean that, all of you give all time, advice, time, up to us to follow.
Thank you again for your time okay

Little Voice
Emmy
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing Emmy and thanks for the kind words, lets get some info! Windows OS version 32bit or 64bit, are you a Best Buy Sub customer, and try to explain your issue!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
I do the same thing I run my scan Manually, Also,I do the system optimizer Manually.
This is my setting now:
Inside Enable Scheduled  It is Unchecked .
Enable Scheduled scans is also Unchecked
Run on bootup if the system was off is also Unchecked
Is this a correct setting ??

Also, I noticed something: Inside Secure Erase it is set to normal is this like the old window washer Bleach setting?
Thanks.

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hi Venus60

How are you doing?  Not seen you about lately so hope all is well with you?

To be perfectly honest, if I may add my thoughts here, I would not schedule the Optimizer but run it manually, periodically, say just before doing a back up or image of your machine (if yo take that precaution).  The effectiveness of the Optimizer will depend on how much you have used the machine is the time since the last run, and how much you have been using the areas that the Optimizer is set to optimise/clean.

Not sure if that is of any help but hopefully adds to the information for you to consider on this subject.

Regards

Baldrick
I agree with you Baldrick! I run the optimizer manually myself, that way I am in full control. You can see in my image that I dont have it checked, I did set up the example as I do feel that optimizing is important.

Also, I like your explanation, you verbalized it much better than I could ever do!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
I do the same thing I run my scan Manually, Also,I do the system optimizer Manually.
This is my setting now:
Inside Enable Scheduled  It is Unchecked .
Enable Scheduled scans is also Unchecked
Run on bootup if the system was off is also Unchecked
Is this a correct setting ??

Also, I noticed something: Inside Secure Erase it is set to normal is this like the old window washer Bleach setting?
Thanks.

Hi venus60!

Glad to hear you scan manually. I take it that you scan and optimize manually as well? I do not  schedule Optimization, I do that manually only. I scan my comuter manually and alsoenable scheduled scans.  Here are my settings for scanning. They were set by default when I installed, however I did change the time. I do recommend to check scan at bootup. The scan is fast and should not cause any problem as far as slowing down your system. It was set as I mentioned by default for me upon installation

To optimize manually click on the gear next to utilities, then cllick on Optimize Now

As for secure erase set to normal, that setting deletes the files directly as opposed to going to the to the recycle bin where they remain until you empty it. I prefer  using medium which is 3 passes.

It's been a few years since I had Window Washer, but if memory serves me well, the bleach setting securely erased files and the free space as well. That would be setting secure erase to the Max setting,

BTW, did changing your UAC settings take care of the messages you were receiving?

Good to hear from you!

Beth

Userlevel 2
Hi Daniel (TripleHex) And everyone else
I want to thank you for your time. 8.1 Windows 64 Bit all I have on this compter is pictures I do anything else except Facebook, email address Webroot. I always optimize When I start in morning every time I get off line when Try to remember and it is set for 6:pm. I did reinstall, Now high frag files. That was problems started fixing frag files slow interent Optimizer issue.. And thank you for your time

Emmy LlittleVoice)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I want to thank you for your time. 8.1 Windows 64 Bit all I have on this compter is pictures I do anything else except Facebook, email address Webroot. I always optimize When I start in morning every time I get off line when Try to remember and it is set for 6:pm. I did reinstall, Now high frag files. That was problems started fixing frag files slow interent Optimizer issue.. And thank you for your time

Emmy LlittleVoice)
Hello Emmy! At this point I would contact @ who deals with Best Buy support issues. Am I right @ ?
 Maybe he can help you with ongoing issues!

Edit: @ are you able to do anything here for Best Buy customers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do other than refer them to Best Buy.  If you're having problems dealing with them then I can certainly escalate things on our end.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do other than refer them to Best Buy.  If you're having problems dealing with them then I can certainly escalate things on our end.
Hi Nic,

Emmy has been working with BestBuy and even took her Laptop in to them for service. So I'm guessing if you could esculate things that would be great!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Nic,

Emmy has been working with BestBuy and even took her Laptop in to them for service. So I'm guessing if you could esculate things that would be great!;)
Ok cool, I'll see what the next step is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok go ahead and contact our support team and we'll see if they are able to help you.  Make sure to reference this thread and let them know that Best Buy support wasn't able to get it resolved.  Let me know if that gets it fixed.  If not then I can go higher up the chain.
Userlevel 2
Hi Triple Hex
Thank you, I forgot that being an on going issue. I know that when I used the compatibility issues it helped. And yes I will contact the person you asked me to.
Thank you for your time and have a great day!!!
Thank you
Emmy
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Ok go ahead and contact our support team and we'll see if they are able to help you.  Make sure to reference this thread and let them know that Best Buy support wasn't able to get it resolved.  Let me know if that gets it fixed.  If not then I can go higher up the chain.
Hello @ .. Heres your Refernce link  https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/webroot-wants-to-make-changes-to-your-computer/m-p/134235#M7851

Do you know how to contact support HERE

Let us know how it all turn out ok Emmy?
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

Emmy LlittleVoice)
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello @ .. Heres your Refernce link  https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/webroot-wants-to-make-changes-to-your-computer/m-p/134235#M7851

Do you know how to contact support HERE

Let us know how it all turn out ok Emmy?
Hi  littlevoice,

I am confident Tech Support will have everything resoved quickly.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the community!

Beth
Userlevel 2
THANK YOU I PUT IN THE INFO WHAT WAS HAPPENING, AND IT HAS HAPPENED SEVERAL 3 TIMES NOT UPSET OR ANYTHING. I ONLY HAVE PICTURE ON MY LAPTOP. AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU TIME GREATLY APPRECIATED HAVE A GREAT DAY.

THANK YOU AGAIN EMMY
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
THANK YOU I PUT IN THE INFO WHAT WAS HAPPENING, AND IT HAS HAPPENED SEVERAL 3 TIMES NOT UPSET OR ANYTHING. I ONLY HAVE PICTURE ON MY LAPTOP. AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU TIME GREATLY APPRECIATED HAVE A GREAT DAY.

THANK YOU AGAIN EMMY
Your so Welcome Emmy! Have a Great Day and hope you are feeling better because we'll get this all worked out for you!!

As a Team!!

We love to help our members!! 😃