Solved

Webroot won't install again? - WRSC

• 3 February 2013
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Sorry to bother everyone so darn soon. Let me say I am using Win7 Pro and had two license setup on two machines here at the house and all was just great. What happen was I had caused considerable problems while re-installing Windows (of course I deactivated WR license first) to the point I screwed up my Windows 7 Pro install to the point of using the incorrect serial number with 64 bit system but thought I was using the 32 bit disc. Needless to say I'm as bad as a blind bull in a china shop theses days 😞 but such is life.

OK, Microsoft re-activated my machine so I was now back to running my 32bit system but when I tried to re-install (NEW) - (WRSC) the busy indicator would just spin and spin and spin without installing. I deactivaded my wifes machine too but still have the software on her machine. I wonder if I should reguest a new pass code and reinstall on each machine seperately. Of course I don't know if I should cancer my existing account in order to star over with the new installing process. Note: I just have Windows 7 pro back on the machine and bits and pieces of Office 2007 w/outlook. Your expertise is greatly appreciated, Bob
icon

Best answer by MikeR 3 February 2013, 18:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
WRSC? It sounds like you may be using the wrong installer. Please uninstall anything Webroot-related you have on your machine

Then please download and run the Webroot SecureAnywhere installer here:
*this link went to the business installer and has been removed since this is an individuals & families thread*
Badge +1
Nope? that move didn't work either? I have my old installer "WSAINSTALL" which was emailed a few days ago. My license is the complet version w/5 devices/3 year. I would believe install files could be slightly different but maybe I am wrong? At any rate I'm sure help from the community will work in time, my thanks to you, Hey SuperBowl Sunday :manvery-happy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Bob and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

This is the correct download link for consumers http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

And the problem is that you deactivated that computer so go back in your My Webroot Account and reactivate then install WSA. You don`t need to deactivate if reinstalling the OS only if your not going to use it on that computer anymore and use it on another.

HTH,

TH

Badge +1
You are GOOD but we are not done yet??? OK, I install the software on my wife's computer and went in to the deactivate/activate area. The problem that exits (and I haven't installed WRSC yet on my machine) is that I see where I have two deactivated of my machine and of course my wife's computer is showing normally as it should. My computer is being brought on line with a new formatted drive again so we will be dealing with a super cleaned structure. I just did this AGAIN to make sure that my original serial number for Windows 7 32bit works and that I don't need to worry that Microsoft set my computer as being my wife's system. I will need to re-due her system in the next 6 months (God help my vision and slowness.

So in short 1 machine my wife is complete-Normal. My machine is being formatted again but when I go into my webroots as you instructed I see 2 deactivated computer which is just my machine and I need to
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It would be best to wait till tomorrow as one of the Webroot Staff members can check your online console and delete the proper one's. And I think https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1016 will be online soon so he could help you.

TH
Badge +1
Thank you so much, I didn't want to proceed with my computer once I seen that there were two indications of mine being deactivated, have a great day.
Userlevel 7
The uninstall/reinstall takes the seat away and resets it. I am only showing 1 current activation. Can you Send me a Private Message with the PCs that need to be deleted and the current names that you would like to keep?

Edit: I am assuming this is resolved, please send me a private message or respond to this thread if you need further assistance.