Solved

Website

Userlevel 3
Let's try  to find a solution for the following problem.

Yesterday Submitted a request to support about false reports of Website. At this moment I am still waiting for an answer.

5 PC's with Webroot Complete. They all have the same security settings, and no other realtime program's for protection
PC No. 1 - url to a specific site, btw it's a newssite and not xxx, blocked. Site opens full with the warning from Webshield in the upper left corner.

PC No 2 to 5 - the url to the specific site opens.

Url checked with more than a half dozen online scanner, including brightcloud.com. The url comes back clean.

Disabled "Verify When websites visited
to determining legitimacy "and the site opens normally.

Removed Webroot from the  PC, reinstalled it with the default settings, problem back again.

Removed Webroot from the PC, and removed any traces on the PC, reinstalled it with the default settings, problem back again

Scanned the PC with different other malware / spyware / antivirus programs. (MalwarebytesEset online scanner
Superantispyware ) and they all report that the PC is clean.

Reset of IE9 Setting.

Flush DNS

Reset TCP Stack

Any suggestions.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 25 January 2013, 01:04

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Send me url on PM - i'll try check it.
Maybe You have different settings on your PC's?
Userlevel 3
Done, and all 5 pc's have the save settings. check and double check
Userlevel 3
Adding:

removed the pc from the webconsole and after reinstalled the software the pc install isn't showing up on the web console.

Starting to lose confidence...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Adding:

removed the pc from the webconsole and after reinstalled the software the pc install isn't showing up on the web console.

Starting to lose confidence...

You don't have remove the PC from the Web Console if your reinstalling WSA, only if you decide to put it on another PC. And a Webroot Staff member can help you to put that removed PC back on the Console.

Actually I have seen this:

"If using the consumer version of the web console, use the "view" dropdown in the top right and select "Deactivated PCs". Click on the PC you wish to reactivate, and you should be able to achieve this through the "Advanced" tab."

HTH,

TH

Userlevel 3
Thanks 😃 Forgot about that option....getting old  :(

No lets hope that my little problem gets solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks 😃 Forgot about that option....getting old  :(

No lets hope that my little problem gets solved.
I'm sure it will! ;)

TH
Userlevel 3
What is a reasonable time for a response from support
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Usually within 24 hours. Maybe a Webroot Staff Member can look into it for you.

TH
Userlevel 7
Would you mind private messaging me the email address this ticket is under? Under the email address that you registered here on the forum with, your last interaction with the support system was on 8/11/2011.

Userlevel 3
Done.
Userlevel 7
Sorry about the wait DeHollander.

Each of your 5 messages that you posted since yesterday have flagged the case as a new ticket. Older tickets are given higher priority so that the customer does not have to wait as long for a response.

In the future you can make one detailed ticket and it will be responded to in a much more timely manner. Again, I apologize for this and that it is not more clear! :D

I am happy to hear that the PC is appearing correctly in your My Webroot Account. For the sites in question, you can provide the URL and any other information about the website if you are going to be submitting a large amount of sites/programs to be whitelisted. You can Send me a Private Message with the sites and I will add them to the notes on your ticket so that we can have an engineer check the sites to be whitelisted.
Userlevel 3
Apologies from my side regarding the many tickets. It's not often that I need support. :D 

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely.
Userlevel 7
No need to apologize!

It is not very clear so thank you for being understanding and patient. :D

I have sent instructions to gather and send logs so that I can investigate further and see if this is a whitelisting problem or if it has to do with the Identity Shield. You can also check your Protected Websites and make sure that this website is not included in the list on the affected machine and that you settings are set to default (instructions below).

Open SecureAnywhere>click Identity & Privacy>click View/Edit Protected Websites>check for the URL>click Reset to Defaults

Please send the logs as well so I can take a closer look!
Userlevel 3
I have sent the requested logs.
Userlevel 7
I am closing this thread because the false positive has been fixed. Please let me know if you need anything else. 😃