Solved

Weird thing happened

• 16 February 2012
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
I use webroot complete today my compute basically froze, I had to hit the power button to shut it down. On restart it would not  show desktop but the webroot pop up showed up saying im secure. I went into safe mode trying to figure out what was wrong and after trying many things I decided to uninstall wbroot and see. After I uninstalled restarted computer and it startted right up don't know if it was a bug or a glitch but I have reinstalled complete again and I am hoping it doesn't happen again.I am using windows 7 64 bit webroot secureanywhere complete and malwarebytes free. I ran a webroot scan, malwarebytes full scan, and a hitmanpro on demand scan all came up clean.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 16 February 2012, 04:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Disregard I see some people had the same problem and it was posted under the antivirus section.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome intrepid46 to the Webroot Community Forums! If you feel that you have a continuing problem please contact the WSA support inbox: http://www.webrootanywhere.com/support

TH
Userlevel 4
Thanks TripleHelix will do..
Hi intrepid46,

Did you ever find a definitive solution to your startup problems?

The thread is marked as solved, but I am not seeing a resolution other than sending you off to tech support.

Please advise,

Monkey Business

Userlevel 4
All I did was uninstall complete started up fine after that and then reinstalled it so far so good...I have no idea what caused it but going into safemode and uninstalling it let me boot up then I just reinstalled it.
The program seems to like being uninstalled, and then reinstalled.

For whatever reason that seems to cure many unexplained occurrences.

I find it to be particularly so when the version changes, so that's something to keep in mind!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The program seems to like being uninstalled, and then reinstalled.

For whatever reason that seems to cure many unexplained occurrences.

I find it to be particularly so when the version changes, so that's something to keep in mind!
That can happen if you have other security that may block some parts of WSA when installing! If you do have other security products make sure they don't block anything from WSA! HIPS and other Firewalls are notorious for these types of problems IMO!

TH
Userlevel 4
Hi intrepid46,

Another thing that can cause this behavior is if you had an older Webroot product installed and for one reason or another it did not get uninstalled properly.  If by chance this is the case, the following Solution should resolve the problem.

Fully remove older Webroot product and a fresh install of SecureAnywhere

If you did not have an older Webroot product installed and still experience the same problem, please follow the link that TH posted and submit a Support ticket.

Thanks,

Howard