Solved

What does this mean?

• 19 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
The wrUrlFlt service failed to start due to the following error:

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

This error was in the event viewer. I found it after Windows tried to update my machine to 1809. (I think that's the right number.)

When I search for wrUrlfit, it says that the file belongs to Webroot.

Do I need to uninstall webroot while windows upgrades it's files?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 20 December 2018, 02:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
wrUrlFlt is for the Web Threat Shield (Filter) within WSA and if you continue to see this you can always Submit a Support Ticket and they can take a look and help you sort it out. Also I don't read much into Event Viewer as if I tried to read everything in there it would drive me crazy. Also on 2 of my systems Updating to 1809 I didn't did anything with WSA and it installed fine. Also in most cases it doesn't hurt to do a clean reinstall of WSA to see if the errors go away?

Only if you want to:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,