Solved

What problems did Mac - Version 9.0.9.60 - fix?

• 6 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
The Webroot website says:
"Mac Version 9.0.9.60 (Released January 16th, 2019)"
"fixed misc bugs"

Does anyone know whether those "bugs" included ones that blocked internet access in an El Capitan MacBook Pro '09?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 7 April 2019, 13:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @fidelis ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you having an issue with El Capitan blocking internet connections? I am running El Capitan and I am not seeing this message.

Please try to uninstall Webroot and reinstall because sometimes this will fix these kind of issues.

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

To install the Mac software:
  1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  3. Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  4. To install Webroot from Best Buy Geek Squad click here
  5. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  6. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  7. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  8. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
  9. Let Webroot complete the scan.
If this does not work please Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly fix this issue ASAP.

HTH
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @fidelis ,

Sorry if I misunderstood your question...

I have researched here for notes about the Mac Releases and I did not find much about the bugs blocking Internet Access in the Mac. Or have a look at the Known Issues located HERE

This would be most likely answered by the Webroot Support Team because we do not know anymore then what the Releases tells us.

HTH
Sherry
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'm guessing that the internet connection issue is not due to Webroot. After deleting the Webroot app, and before re-installing, I am still unable to connect to the internet. (And thus I cannot reinstall, since no internet means Webroot reinstall cannot be completed.)

I can get on the net via wifi, but with poor security assurances due to my internet provider - this issue is "in process" on their part (I hope).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello fidelis,

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully your Internet Provider gets up and running soon. Please let us know if you need more assistance.