Solved

What to do if Webroot misses trojans

• 10 March 2013
  • 6 replies

First time in Forum.
Yesterday I added SpeedingupmyPC to my security systems and it came with a program called Double-Anti-Spyware. Although I had already done a scan with WR, I ran the DAspyware anyway. OMG. It took 5 hours, seriously. However, when it finished it identified 9 threats (trojans) and marked 8 of them as severe. I took a screen shot of the list and was going to send it to support but there doesn't seem to be a way to attach in the support ticket window. I sent them a message but was wondering if anybody knew what might be up with this. I run WR on several computers and don't know if I am going to have to add DAspyware to them as well.  I read the post about missing viruses during the scan but it did not seem applicable to my situation.

Thought I 'd check it out here in the forum.
Ken
icon

Best answer by MikeR 11 March 2013, 16:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi kprice and welcome to the Community!

Submitting that Suport Ticket was the right path to report it.  They will be able to give you instructions to receive any file they need.
Do you have any idea how long it takes for them to get back with you. I leave and breathe on these machines?
Userlevel 7
It usually isnt too long but it can be a couple of hours at busy times, and Mod Mike is probably still onine and may reply here as well.
Userlevel 7
It will be tomorrow morning most likely. We can handle many fixes through the Community but the support system is the best resource for possible infections. I apologize for the wait, kprice1111
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Do you have any idea how long it takes for them to get back with you. I leave and breathe on these machines?
Kprice,  I can appreciate that it is frustrating not to be able to have your concerns addressed immediately.

Webroot also has a live tech support/remote access feature, but it is not available 24/7, only Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. MST.  You may call them at (866) 612-4227.  There's usually some wait time involved.

It is always a good idea to have back up A/V and A/M software and run it periodically.  No one program is 100%.
Userlevel 7
Your ticket was responded to yesterday by one of our advanced malware engineers. He has provided a way for you to share the requested screenshots as well.

Please update us once your ticket is resolved and thank you for your patience! :D

Here is a video explaining Webroot's technology and what to do if Webroot misses a virus.

What Happens if Webroot "Misses" a Virus