Solved

What Webroot functions are there>

• 5 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Frequently when Webroot does a scan on its own initiative (at least I think it’s a scan), I’m told there may be a memory leak, attributed, I believe, to Chrome. I just did a scan right after re-booting, and did not receive notification of a memory leak. But is scan the only function I should try? I seem to remember that there are other processes I could run. Are there? What else should I try? 

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 5 April 2023, 21:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@peytontodd 

I would just disregard any notice from Webroot about a memory leak with Chrome or any other program. That’s likely the system analyzer showing you this. That tool is pretty useless in my opinion and so long as you are malware free and things are functioning fine otherwise, just leave it alone and ignore.

Regards
John H

Thanks. You may be right. If so, then another symptom I encounter may have a different cause: my computer is VERY slow. I can re-boot, and it functions okay for a while, then starts getting slow again.

And as to my second question: is there some other Webroot function I can employ other than Scan? Somehow I formed the impression that there were others...

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@peytontodd It depends on your system CPU and memory and of course how old it is. I assume you are running Windows 10 or 11? It may need a good system cleaning like Disk cleanup and if you have a spinning hard drive or SSD we don't really help users with slow systems because many things could cause slowness.

Sorry.