Solved

Where did they come from?

• 21 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hi!

I rarely get any threats. A few days ago, WSA found these threats in the same temp file on my machine. How did they get there? What can people tell me about them?

Thanks.
P.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 January 2019, 21:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @Prion the best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and they can have a look at the said files and let you know what's going on in your case! If you can please let us know what support has to say?

Thanks,
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
This is the gist of what they answered me:

... We have examined the logs from your system and found that the detected items were the result of a false positive, and are not a threat. We have updated our security definitions to address this.
You may un-quarantine and restore the file that was quarantined by the Webroot SecureAnywhere software if you have not already done so. To restore the file:

Now that this change is in effect, we request that you run another scan of your computer....

I un-quarantined and re-scanned as they said, and the fp seems to be fixed, though it's not easy to understand their scan logs.

They answered within about 12 hours, I guess.

😀😀😀

Thanks.
P.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
This is the gist of what they answered me:

... We have examined the logs from your system and found that the detected items were the result of a false positive, and are not a threat. We have updated our security definitions to address this.
You may un-quarantine and restore the file that was quarantined by the Webroot SecureAnywhere software if you have not already done so. To restore the file:

Now that this change is in effect, we request that you run another scan of your computer....
I un-quarantined and re-scanned as they said, and the fp seems to be fixed, though it's not easy to understand their scan logs.

They answered within about 12 hours, I guess.

😀😀😀

Thanks.
P.

Great to hear that support solved your FP issues and thanks for letting us know! I personally understand scan logs but we don't ask for them on the Community and it's best for support so that they can fix them.

Cheers,