Solved

where to get additional keycodes for 5 device license

Userlevel 1
I purchased the 5 device license and have installed on two PC's so far but I can't get the Secure Anywhere dashboard to recognize the second PC.
When I try to add the second PC to the dasboard it keeps asking for a keycode but won't accept the keycode that was emailed to me when purchased. It keeps telling me that keycode has already been activated and to try another keycode as if the 5 device license should have come with 5 keycodes but I only received one. The only way I see to get more keycodes is to purchase them but that's senseless when only 1 of 5 devices has been registered.

Any suggestions or should I cancel this and walk away?
icon

Best answer by middiebowles 29 May 2015, 03:27

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

When you purchase WSAC you only need one keycode for all devices. The keycode determines what version and how many devices you can have. May I ask where you prurchased WSAC? Was it from Webroot or Best Buy?

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. If you pruchased from Webroot please submit a Support Ticket free of charge or call Webroot at https://tel:18666124268 and if you purchased from Best Buy you can call them here at 1-800-GeekSquad or here is there Website http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

Hope this helps but no you shouldn't give up because Webroot is the best AV IMO and they have free Support with an active subscription and you can't get that anywhere else. Webroot has everything you need to protect you.

Maybe @ or @ our moderators can look this Subscription up for you.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
I purchased directly from webroot. I'll submit a support ticket and see wha they can do.
Thanks Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome..that's why we are here to help!

Please let us know how you are doing or if you get this straightened out ok!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The one license (Keycode) is good for the 5 devices!
Userlevel 1
I understand that dozen, really, thanks for your input, it was insightful. If this sort of help is to be considered a "community guide" I have concerns for the community.

Sherry,
Thanks for your help to this point! I appreciate it.

The issue is getting the secureanywhere dashboard to recognize that I have installed the software on more than one device. I have now installed and uninstalled multiple times on a second device, running 1-3 scans with each install and the dashboard still won't recognize the second machine as it should after the initial scan. When I try to enter my keycode under manage keycodes I am told this keycode has already been registered and it won't accept it.

I received a response to my ticket telling me to do what I have already tried several times. So I uninstalled webroot, rebooted and re-installed it...again....using the provided links only to have the same thing happen.

I'm going to try live assistance and see if they can figure out why the license I paid for isn't working properly in a reasonable amount of time. If not, I'll get my refund and walk away.

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

I was able to locate your support ticket and wanted to make sure I am on the same page as you.

Where are you attempting to enter the keycode for the second time? Are you adding it under the "Manage Keycodes" portion of the online account? Or perhaps you are you adding it on the computer you are attempting to install on?

To add another computer to the license you would login to your console, click add a pc and then start the download.

Once the download is finished you would run the wsainstall.exe or wsabbs2.exe if you are on Windows and then enter your keycode when prompted.

Please respond to this thread and I would be happy to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 1
Hell James,

I have done these steps repeatedly with no success.
"To add another computer to the license you would login to your console, click add a pc and then start the download.

Once the download is finished you would run the wsainstall.exe or wsabbs2.exe if you are on Windows and then enter your keycode when prompted."

After repeated failures I tried this step hoping something would work, also with no success.
"Where are you attempting to enter the keycode for the second time? Are you adding it under the "Manage Keycodes" portion of the online account? 

I have 5 copies of wsainstall.exe in my Chrome downloads folder from the repeated attempts. If you have advice that will make this work I am all ears.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
@,

Have you clicked on one of the downloads in the download folder and ran the file?

What happens when you do this?

Please respond to this conversation.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
middiebowles.................I misread the following part of your original post and apologize for not catching it!

"as if the 5 device license should have come with 5 keycodes but I only received one"
Userlevel 1
The installed version of WSAC that isn't recognized by my console opens. Under my account the keycode matches the keycode of the protected PC that does show up in the console. I seem to have full functionality on the second PC with the exception of being recognized by the console to allow true anywhere access. 
Userlevel 1
no problem dozen. Apologies for the abrupt response, very frustrated dealing with this.
Userlevel 7
@,

I have replied to your support ticket requesting times and information to set up a callback with you so that one of our technicians can get this resolved.

If you would go in and respond to that ticket with the best times to reach you, as well as your phone number and timezone, they can get this taken care of. That way you do not have to wait on hold either, we can call you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Best Regards,
Userlevel 1
Got the message and replied with contact information and available times. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
@,

You are very welcome!

I do apologize for the frustration this has caused.

If you would update me here once you have worked with our support team that would be great.

Best Regards,
Userlevel 1
Well after a live call with support that couldn't resolve the issue the ticket was sent to the global escalation team. My device was showing up on webroots side of the console but not mine. I am happy to report that they were able to identify the issue, have made the fix and everything is now working as it should.

This was a frustrating experience but I have to commend webroot's commitment to getting it fixed. Kudos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi!

That's great to hear that everything is working the way it is suppose to.

Sorry for this bad experience. Thank you for getting back to us and especially for being patient with all this.;)

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Any chance to share the solution?