Why do renewing customers get penalised.

• 23 March 2018
  • 4 replies

A few reasons why I will no longer be renewing webroot secure anywhere, in 5 days when the subscription ends.

The price, in the UK including VAT the price for a years subscription is now £74.99 which translates to $105.84.

As if adding insult to injury if you press the subscribe button on the software not only does it not take you to your account to renew your own key (thus losing the extra days you still have) it takes you to a $ site instead of £.

Renewing loyal members who have supported this company from the start of Webroot and before should really be getting a discount or at least the software should recognize their country of origin.

Pretty sure for 50% of that price I can get reasonable protection elsewhere.

4 replies

Greetings calranthe, I totally agree with you. Ive been a loyal customer of companies that offer various services...Banks, Cable Company, Internet Providers etc. It seems that new customers are always offered a better rate than the existing customers that help a Company get to where they are. How easily they forget.

When it comes to Internet Security I find that renewing directly from Webroot via Amazon has given me the most reasonable cost for my yearly renew. Before giving up on Webroot based on its cost, search the Amazon site to see if you can get a better rate.
Userlevel 7
Hi calranthe

Sorry to hear that you are not best pleased over the renewals side of things.

I am not sure where you are getting your pricing from but when look to renew my Complete subscription  for 1 year / 3 devices / 25Gb data the UK price is £49.99. UK renewal page is HERE.

In terms of the 'subscribe' button do you mean the 'Renew/upgrade' button under My Account/Keycode? If so then I am at a loss as that takes me to the UK renewal site and, strangely, offers me  1 year / 5 devices / 25Gb data the UK price is £64.99, when the normal RRP is circa £116.99, so that is a big saving over the RRP.

Granted the RRP is not what one would pay in the shops but the Complete version is the most expensive and so the renewal price, from Webroot, is not bad in relative terms...maybe not so good if shopping elsewhere for a new subscription.

So, am not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing in term of where the WRSA embedded link takes you, and so you may want to Open a Support Ticket, to get the Support Team to check out why this is happening.

Also, when renewing in the past,I have always found that my new subscription period is automatically added to the remaining days of my current (but soon to be expiring) subscription period. So again, am not sure why you are seeing something different, but that also should be included in any ticket if you decide to raised one.

At this juncture, and for the avoidance of doubt, when you speak of renewal you are not receiving a NEW keycode as a result? The only reason I ask is that if one 'renews' by purchasing a new subscription & activating the NEW keycode that comes with it then the new subscription period is NOT added to the remainder of the current period, and one must open a support ticket to request that the Support Team do the addition manually.

Now, finally, on the point of "Renewing loyal members who have supported this company from the start of Webroot and before should really be getting a discount", etc., whilst I hope that I have demonstrated that there is a renewal discount to be had some would argue that the discount is not as good as some might expect/hope for.

This is of course a question of Webroot marketing policy, over which we in the Community have little influence, but I do believe that this whole area is being looked at...but what will come of this...and when...I cannot say.

I hope that what I have exposed/explained is sufficient to make you reconsider leaving the Webroot family?

If you have further questions and/or points to raise then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick

Excellent posting Baldrick. I hope calranthe reconsiders.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
I renewed my WSA well before the end of my then paid time. The full credit was added to the total of days left already covered almost immediately and the deal was discounted against the on line prices found on some Internet site. No change of key code, no US$ prices- all £'s Sterling- no problems at all.
That said yes a deal as good as the new customer rate would be welcome, but more often than not you will find 'new customer' discounts affered across industry e.g. Insurance.
Overall I find the WSA support levels first class as is that on the Community site- although I must confess that the Community was better served under the 'old' set up & that view is I know a widely held. Thnaks to our volunteers who are still with us.