why do you lose the remaining days of protection when you renew early, doesn't seem fair?

• 14 June 2015
  • 3 replies

why?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi craigthayer

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You do not lose your current remaining subscription days if you renew early, either via Webroot or Best Buy/The Geek Squad...if you TRULY renew, i.e., that is extend your current subscription by adding time to your EXISTING keycode rather than a 'pseudo' renewal which involves the purchase of a new subscription and therefore the entry of a new keycode.

And even in the latter case you should be able to contact Support and ask them to transfer/add the time from the new keycode to your existing keycode.

Have you experienced something different re. a TRUE renewal or have you in faact PSEUDO renewed?

Regards, Baldrick
I know this post is old, but I guess some things don't change.  Same thing is happening to me...I "renewed" with 45 days left on my existing subscription (thanks to a renewal reminder sent by Webroot).  Instead of continuing with my existing package, I moved to another that better-suited my needs.  I saw nothing that mentioned losing my remaining days by picking a different package.  If I didn't contact support to ask where those 45 days went, I would've just lost them.

I've been happy with this product for a number of years now, but I think Webroot is being shifty with this type of tactic...I'm still an existing customer with an existing subscription.  It shouldn't be up to me to reach out to Webroot in order to make sure I don't lose remaining days from an existing subscription before a new one becomes active.  If subscriptions are/must be independent of each other, then Webroot should refund $x amount of dollars to customers for the remaining time left on an existing account before another takes its place.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello @, thanks for sharing your feedback. It would be nice if this were possible, but since subscriptions are based on keycodes our system isn't able to automatically recognize that the renewal (with a new keycode) should be connected with the existing keycode.

If you open a ticket our team will be happy to add the days to your account to make up for the difference.