Why does Webroot Software place the key code on the outside of the package?

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Just curious, why does Webroot place the key code on the outside of the package?  Why not inside?

Always,

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?

The  keycode is covered over with a sticker that saids keycode. You have to peel the sticker off.  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
Hi @

The  keycode is covered over with a sticker that saids keycode. You have to peel the sticker off.  :)
Hi, Sherry when I originally bought Webroot software, the key code was exposed outside the back side of the package (I didn't have to peel off any sticker?)  In fact all the software (webroot)  the keycode was exposed.

Always,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi @

Hi, Sherry when I originally bought Webroot software, the key code was exposed outside the back side of the package (I didn't have to peel off any sticker?)  In fact all the software (webroot)  the keycode was exposed.

Always,
Well when you purchase from Best Buy it states "Peel Here For Keycode" I have a Webroot BB box in front if me. Not sure where you purchased your Webroot software? I can't say what the other boxes state or have ..if you purchase from another store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Ok the one I bought and the ones I saw at Best Buy had the code(s) exposed.  The one I purchased didn't have to peel off anything.  At the time of purchased, I thought to myself that's odd to have the code exposed.  Oh well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
If that's the case then the Best Buy Webroot keycode is not any good unless purchased from Best Buy because the keycode is stored/ documented with Geek Squad, So the SKU is documented as well. Does tthese make sense to you? Best Buy customers often complain when taking off the sticker that the keycode is ripped and they cannot see the rest of their keycode so they often have to contact BB too get their keycode by having their receipt. So maybe they have eliminated the sticker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To add to what Sherry said when you buy the Boxed version from Best Buy you need to have the Teller activate the keycode or it's useless so no worries there. It's just the way it works with Best Buy US and Webroot.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
possibly BB did eliminate. The code is under the plastic that covers the back side.  I'm due to go to BB soon, I go in and inquire. Thank you, Sherry.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are welcome Julie.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Daniel my version didn't come in a box, the outside had a hard clear plastic cover front and back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel my version didn't come in a box, the outside had a hard clear plastic cover front and back.
Same thing per say! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/brands/webroot/pcmcat166800050087.c?id=pcmcat166800050087&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchRedirect=Webroot

Also no need for the CD as we have the Download links you can find better prices online like Newegg.com.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
We call this a box...

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Sherry ;)