Solved

Why is Morrowind modding history blocked?

Asks the long time modder. Why is Morrowind modding history blocked?

Virus total comes out clean.. So.. Why are you blocking ?

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c9ce07ed28a4bd3ea40c09e77634fba0d7181f23d7d12d164745408f896c48c8/analysis/1409178328/

icon

Best answer by DanP 29 August 2014, 17:42

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Same here, SpiritedTreasure...if you are sure the site is safe then I would click 'unblock page and continue'...whilst that sets the site in the local client whitelist I have recently learnt that this information is repirted back to the Threat Researchers at Webroot...and that they will look into them...butnthat it may take some time unless there are a lot of overrides seen.

Alternatively you can submitba URL Reputation Change Request over at the BrightCloud site.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Sorry Baldrick,
I would like the answer to my question. Otherwise I begin to think they are just randomly blocking safe sites, for no reason at all.

-edit- spelling
Userlevel 7
Well, SpiritedTreasure...no need to apologise.

If you want the answer to your question then I recommend that you open a Support Ticket and ask it of the Support Team.  We are only volunteers here with no access to the inner working of WSA.  I personally suspect that the issue is a false positive (as does happen) but I cannot vouch for the answer for the aforementioned reason.

My apologies for not being able to help further in this matter...as I know no more than you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
SpiritedTreasure

Have done the URL Lookup at BrightCloud for you...;)...and it reveals the following:

I suspect that the reason for the block us due to what I have outlined in RED in the screen capture.  I can not explain why that is the reputation setting but perhaps it has something to do with the category of 'Weapons' assigned to the site?

I know it is not very helpful of me but I have no idea how that was assigned hence why I suggested the Support Ticket.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
I don't understand why I can't get an answer..I see other people getting answers.
Why can't someone from webroot answer me?

Weapons??!! What are you talking about? Some modded sword that someone put into the game of Morrowind.?

I still wait an answer.. I'm also going to speak to the owner of the site .. I'm less and less impressed the more webroot refuses to give me an official answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I don't understand why I can't get an answer..I see other people getting answers.
Why can't someone from webroot answer me?

Weapons??!! What are you talking about? Some modded sword that someone put into the game of Morrowind.?

I still wait an answer.. I'm also going to speak to the owner of the site .. I'm less and less impressed the more webroot refuses to give me an official answer.
Hello SpiritedTreasure!
Sorry for your issues but we are only volunteers that try our best to answer your questions. You may contact our community manager @ if you wish! Otherwise I'd suggest a Support Ticket as Baldrick has advised!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Hi SpiritedTreasure

If you want an official answer from Webroot you need to open a Support Ticket.  Any answer you get here is effectively 'unofficial'/provided by knowledgable volunteers...collectively we know a lot but we do not have all the answers to all the questions...and this is one of those questions.  

Yes, Webroot staff do frequent the forums, but not all of the time, as they are busy with their day jobs...on the Support Team...;), and not always the ones who can reply.  In this case I suspect that you need a reply from a Threat Researcher @ @ can either of you gentlemen assist here?

Finally, I am not 'talking' about anything...I was just trying to help by providing information (I do not have anything to do with providing it itself) that anyone can access.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's possible that the site might have hosted malware at some point, maybe even unintentionally. Support will be able to give you more information and correct the rating if necessary.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for dropping by in this one, Nic. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing 🙂
Nic: I very much doubt that. Fliggerty is very careful.

I have contacted Him and also I have requested a change of the site catagory to "games"

Morrowind is very old (2002) and there are no longer many sites that will or do host the Mods we all made for it.
Planet Elder Scrolls is gone and so is ElricM..

Fliggerty has been compiling all the mods He can find for Morrowind and Hosting them.

I trust that He would never allow such a malware on His site.

I wait now.
Userlevel 7
Apologies, TrustedSpirit, but wait for what?

If you don't ask in the right place you may be waiting a long time...ask officially by Openingnthat Support Ticket and in the meantime click to unblock the site on your client...as previously stated that will also notify Webroot.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It could be a false positive then - support will be able to get that corrected of that is the case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ 
I looked for a support ticket from you and was unable to locate one. The site was blocked as "Suspisious" due to age and popularity as can be seen in the screen capture posted by Baldrick in the information under "Web Reputation Anaysis." I would consider this a False Positive, and have submited a change request to have the reputation score updated and the block removed. 

Thanks,

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Dan!
Thank you Dan, I'm still waiting to hear from Fliggerty -s-
Userlevel 7
Many thanks, Dan...much appreciated.