Why is the renewal cost so much more than just rebuying new software? Like more than double the cost

• 27 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Why is the renewal cost ($79) so much more than just rebuying new software $29.99)? Got renewal notice and link and it seems like I can just save over half the cost by getting regular software. Am I missing something?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello sjgator,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

We hear this alot and I haven't an answer for this, but if you do buy the software with a different keycode Support will assist in this process.

You can buy from where ever you like and then Submit a Support Ticket and get the new keycode time added to your current one and to transfer Password Manager so you won't loose your current PW's.

I would go with the cheaper deal but be careful where you buy Webroot online. Ebay is a no no ..just a word of caution.

Hope this helps and if not please come on back and we can assist further!,:D

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I agree with Sherry but I would like to add that you can call Webroot and ask for a better deal!

US and Canada
Purchases & Renewals1-866-612-4268

Or look here and call the closes one to you: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Probably the best pricing right now is on NewEgg - as others have mentioned, just buy a new keycode rather than renewing your existing one.  There are some folks here working on making this all more sensible 🙂