Solved

why the new logoff option?

Userlevel 1
Suddenly I notice that the green password manager toobar icon no longer automatically logs you out upon closing web browser.  Now I have to perform the extra step of manually logging off.  If I forget to do that, someone who opens browser will see all my passwords.
icon

Best answer by telindow 17 March 2016, 18:38

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello,

I have been unable to reproduce this issue. Can you please provide more information about the environment you are seeing this in? What browser and OS are you using? Are you using any other extensions or plugins with this browser?

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi James!

I did reproduce this when signing into PWM and closing the browser and opened the browser and I was still signed in. I tried again to reproduce this and signed into PWM and closed the browser and I was signed out. :@

I am using W 10 here and just ABP in Firefox

Userlevel 7
Thank you Sherry!

I'll have the team look into this further with that environment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing James!

Thank you for your help!;)
Userlevel 7
?, Can you please provide some more information about your environment? 

?, how long did you wait before reopening Firefox after closing it? It could be that the process did not end before you restarted the browser.

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@, Can you please provide some more information about your environment? 

@, how long did you wait before reopening Firefox after closing it? It could be that the process did not end before you restarted the browser.

Thank you!
Well i waited about 30 seconds James. So I am guessing I did not keep the browser closed long enough? With my new computer it's so fast there is no waiting in opening and closing my browser. No seriously.. I'll see if I can reproduce this again?

I did exit the browser though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
?

I've tried to reproduce this in Firefox and Chrome. I waited a minute before opening these browsers and I can't produce this issue. When I  open my browsers I am signed out!
Userlevel 7
Thanks ?!

I'm thinking this is caused by the process failing to end as I've been unable to reproduce beyond the time that I immediately reopened it. I'm going to wait until the original poster responds with details about their particular instance of this, but I believe that is the cause. Thank you as always for the help!!
Userlevel 1
After you replied to me, I tried closing the browser (Firefox) for an hour.  When I re-opened, I was still signed in.
I am using Windows 8.1. When I tried this with Chrome, it properly and automatically signed me out of password manager, so that when I re-opened Chrome 30 sec later, I was signed out and had to sign back in.
Userlevel 7
No dice here. Have tried this both with Chrome & Firefox and in both caases I have to log into the Password Manager again after being logged in, closing and then reopening the browser again.
Userlevel 7
?,

Thank you for the information. Can you please sign into the password manager, exit your browser and then restart your computer and check for me. It is very possible that the firefox process did not shut down properly.

Regards,
Userlevel 1
I don't know whether it was just re-booting or the combination of signing into PWM, closing browser, and rebooting, but Success! 

Thanks, James G and y'all for the help and interest.
Userlevel 7
No problem!

It is likely that the reboot was the fix here. Sometimes a process does not shut down correctly(in this case, firefox) and that could cause some weird issues. If you see anything like this again please do not hesitate to let us know!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello telindow

Thank yo for letting us know! That's great that Webroot PW Manager has been fixed for you!