[Win10] Webroot causes BSOD after latest Windows updates [BAD_POOL_HEADER]

• 15 December 2016
  • 1 reply

So, after the latest update to windows (I belive, because that's when the problems started) I have a Windows that won't load when Webroot is installed on the PC

Explenation:

Yesturday I got a Windows update (Windows 10 Pro, 64bit) it installed and shut down, then I went to the movies. When I got back the PC would not load, it went in to a windows recovery state (this is not a PC with a recovery partition like Dell, HP or such, I've built it myself) My options were to:

1. Try and use the built in repair utility (did not work)
2. Use a restore point (none were made)
3. Try and back to a previous version of windows (I'd guess build since I did not upgrade from Win7 to Win10, did not work)
4. Reinstall windows (more on that later)
5. Reboot and hope for the best.

When I tried a reboot and load windows, it would eighter just freeze or give me BSOD: BAD_POOL_HEADER, so I opted for reinstall. I did the "bad" reinstall first, and kept my files (My Documents and such) Windows loaded, all was fine. I then put in a few programs, one of them Rainmeter and then Webroot. Webroot has never liked Rainmeter and says uninstall.exe is a virus, so I opted to get rid of it since it does not matter, this gave me BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, it then rebooted, froze on load, I cut power, tried to load windows only to get BAD_POOL_HEADER again. 

Did another reinstall, this time I told windows to purge C: and do a clean install. When it was said and done, I installed webroot as my first program, I rebooted, PC froze when trying to load windows, cut power, BSOD: BAD_POOL_HEADER again...

Did a third install, this time via thumb drive to do a 100% fresh install of windows. Created a restore point when all I had installed was Nvidia drivers (NOTHING else), rebooted, it all worked. Installed Webroot, rebooted, same pattern again. I then went in to recovery mode, chose my restorepoint, and now here we are, PC is working. I dare not install webroot again because that seems to wreck my windows install.

Current windows version is: Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, OS-version 14393.0 

Webroot version is SecureAnywhere - Complete

I have no idea what to do now, I don't want to use my PC without Webroot on it, but I can't even load it in safe mode when I've got Webroot installed.

Any ideas?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Kamiroot,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please Submit as Support Ticket or call Webroot Support and they will assist you and get Webroot running for you as quickly as possible.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Hope this helps?