windows 10

  • 14 November 2014
  • 61 replies
  • 382 views


Show first post

61 replies

Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
I haven't seen that issue either actually WSA works perfectly on my 2 Win 10 Previews both 32bit & 64bit Build 9926 on VM's.
 
Daniel 😉
Just to follow up, the block is based on filename, apparently.  Renaming the .exe allows for install.  So, for those that downloaded it twice, the one with a 1 after it would likely allow the install.  This isn't a fix, but is at least a workaround. 
 
Back when it was suggested to me, I submitted the info to Support.  They thanked me for the submission, and that was it.
 
The ntfs.sys error is something that I saw very sporadically in the original Win10 build, though it did happen more frequently when using OneNote, as well as when coming out of sleep.
 
 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I have uninstalled webroot following frequent BSOD ntfs.sys error. Has anything changed on that grounds?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
I have uninstalled webroot following frequent BSOD ntfs.sys error. Has anything changed on that grounds?
Would you be able to contact support and upload your logs for us?
Userlevel 7
I was getting those BSOD's constantly, not since the latest update though. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ 
 
I think I have already mentioned that.
I had contacted the support and I got this response
 
------------------
Support said
 
--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
 
------------------------------------
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@ 
 
I think I have already mentioned that.
I had contacted the support and I got this response
 
------------------
Support said
 
--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
 
------------------------------------
Just reply telling them that you want to upload logs for them, for testing purposes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
 
Just reply telling them that you want to upload logs for them, for testing purposes.
I have already uninstalled wsa. I will install again. How do I generate logs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@Thank you.
 
I will do that. I was searching WSAC if there was any hidden option to generate the log.
 
Anytime Buddy!
 
Cheers,
 
Daniel 😃
I just needed to do the double download with build 10130.
Windows 10 blocked it by filenamesaying incompatible. Seems to be working fine and Webroot said the system was compatible.

Reply