windows 10

• 14 November 2014
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
No support for Windows 10 and yes, I know they do not support new OS until they are released to the public. Apps for W10 are supposed to be compatible if they are compatible with earlier versions Windows... Even at this early stage. WRSC was compatible with Windows 10 9860 but not  9879... Hum, wonder what changed.

61 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Doesn't seem to work for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's a Win 10 Preview issue I have looked at the Windows Community and seen nothing about this issue! What happens if you click Get Help Online?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
How did you manage to get it done. I am installing build 9926 fresh on the system for first time trying Windows 10. Did you update to this build with Webroot already Installed?
Maybe the issue is with this build?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm using VMware Workstation so I create Virtual Machines and every Build I have to uninstall WSA and after the update I install WSA again so I don't know what's going on? https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/features.html and @ I don't know what he's using? And @ Sherry has it working with the Builds before as she hasn't had a chance to install Win 7 Build 9926 and I think she is using the free version of VMware Player if you like try that! https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

Daniel 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
and @ I don't know what he's using?

VMware Workstation 11
---------------
@ 
try:
Type GPEDIT.MSC in start menu search box or run and press enter.
Navigate to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility
Double-click on Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant.

I had the same compatibility error message as noted here, after the Windows 10 upgrade to Build 9926 today.  Adjusting UAC did not resolve the issue.  So, out of curiosity, I tried re-downloading the installer and, even though it is the same name and size as the previously downloaded installer, the newly downloaded one worked without issue.  Hopefully someone else will be able to resolve their compatibility issue similarly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I had the same compatibility error message as noted here, after the Windows 10 upgrade to Build 9926 today.  Adjusting UAC did not resolve the issue.  So, out of curiosity, I tried re-downloading the installer and, even though it is the same name and size as the previously downloaded installer, the newly downloaded one worked without issue.  Hopefully someone else will be able to resolve their compatibility issue similarly.
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Yes but it's a Windows 10 Preview issue not WSA and WSA is not Officially supported on Win 10 Preview. And thanks for the info!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
and @ I don't know what he's using?

VMware Workstation 11
---------------
@ 
try:
Type GPEDIT.MSC in start menu search box or run and press enter.
Navigate to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility

Double-click on Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant.

I'm still on VMware Workstation 10 and it works fine! Good one Petr!

Daniel ;)

EDIT: Mine says!!!!!! And I never made any changes so @ & @ try what Petr posted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Well I tried redownloading WSAC installer and still getting same error.
I got a new machine and thus decided to turn my old one (which is still a very powerful one as per sepcs on my signature :p) into a windows 10 test machine. So it is a fresh installation of latest build 9926 on a real hardware environment and WSAC isone of the first few applications I tried to install.

Update: Tried downloading installer again with a renamed file (wsainstall_2.exe) using Firefox inbuilt download from http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe and now it works!! (Even with UAC turned on)
I had downloaded using Internet Download Manager earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Would you mind contacting support with this one so that they can gather the logs and see what is going on?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@I would gladly do that. Can you provide support page link.
And since installation of WSAC I am getting constant BSOD with error
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys)
There is a mention about webroot here.

Also explorer became slow.
Userlevel 7
I installed WSA on my Win 10 without any issues or having to make any setting changes to the OS. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:

Yep, just go here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Let them know you're on Windows 10.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I had uninstalled WSAC and now I am facing the same issue.
I am not able to install due to program incompatibility (with UAC disabled)
Also no BSOD since..

I think there is some issue with this installer download link
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
The setup I downloaded now gave the incompatibility error, but the one I downloaded yesterday is working fine!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@dtouch wrote:

I am not able to install due to program incompatibility (with UAC disabled)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/windows-10/m-p/183321#M10767
It helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@dtouch wrote:

Yep, just go here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Let them know you're on Windows 10.
The BSOD with error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) I always get because the any new build needs to get the files Whitelisted and now it is for 64bit I will check the 32bit version soon!

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Nope it did not help. I srongly guess it is Installer error.. somehow the setup downloaded is incomplete.
Why else would one copy of the same installer works and others do not.
Also Internet download manager is not downloading the installer for me from that link.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Also explorer becomes really slow for me at times. Becomes fast post uninstallation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are one in a few that it doesn't work well on and 99.9% of the Files have been Whitelisted for the 64bit version of Win 10 Preview 9926 now!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ 

Support said

--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
I haven't seen that issue either actually WSA works perfectly on my 2 Win 10 Previews both 32bit & 64bit Build 9926 on VM's.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@ 

Support said

--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
Sorry about that - let me check and see what's next.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also to let everyone know that support has Whitelist 99.9% of the files for Both 32bit and 64bit Win 10 Preview 9926.

Thanks @ and @ and any others!

Daniel 😃
Just to follow up, the block is based on filename, apparently.  Renaming the .exe allows for install.  So, for those that downloaded it twice, the one with a 1 after it would likely allow the install.  This isn't a fix, but is at least a workaround. 

Back when it was suggested to me, I submitted the info to Support.  They thanked me for the submission, and that was it.

The ntfs.sys error is something that I saw very sporadically in the original Win10 build, though it did happen more frequently when using OneNote, as well as when coming out of sleep.