windows 10

• 14 November 2014
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
No support for Windows 10 and yes, I know they do not support new OS until they are released to the public. Apps for W10 are supposed to be compatible if they are compatible with earlier versions Windows... Even at this early stage. WRSC was compatible with Windows 10 9860 but not  9879... Hum, wonder what changed.

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Bill_R,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Just uninstall Webroot and then upgrade to10130 and reinstall Webroot again and you'll be fine. With Windows Preview upgrades this needs to be done. I'm running Windows Preview with Webroot without any issues.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
I just needed to do the double download with build 10130.
Windows 10 blocked it by filenamesaying incompatible. Seems to be working fine and Webroot said the system was compatible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@Thank you.

I will do that. I was searching WSAC if there was any hidden option to generate the log.

Anytime Buddy!

Cheers,

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@Thank you.

I will do that. I was searching WSAC if there was any hidden option to generate the log.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ 

Can you run Webroot’s Log Gathering Tool and put your email address in it and after it's finished uploading then Submit a Support Ticket with the same email address and say @ requested to upload logs and even add the link to this post and Nic will make sure the right person will get the info.

WSALogs Log Gathering Tool Download Link: http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

Thanks,

Daniel 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:

Just reply telling them that you want to upload logs for them, for testing purposes.
I have already uninstalled wsa. I will install again. How do I generate logs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@ 

I think I have already mentioned that.
I had contacted the support and I got this response

------------------
Support said

--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team

------------------------------------
Just reply telling them that you want to upload logs for them, for testing purposes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ 

I think I have already mentioned that.
I had contacted the support and I got this response

------------------
Support said

Hello,

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team

------------------------------------
Userlevel 7
I was getting those BSOD's constantly, not since the latest update though. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
I have uninstalled webroot following frequent BSOD ntfs.sys error. Has anything changed on that grounds?
Would you be able to contact support and upload your logs for us?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I have uninstalled webroot following frequent BSOD ntfs.sys error. Has anything changed on that grounds?
Just to follow up, the block is based on filename, apparently.  Renaming the .exe allows for install.  So, for those that downloaded it twice, the one with a 1 after it would likely allow the install.  This isn't a fix, but is at least a workaround. 

Back when it was suggested to me, I submitted the info to Support.  They thanked me for the submission, and that was it.

The ntfs.sys error is something that I saw very sporadically in the original Win10 build, though it did happen more frequently when using OneNote, as well as when coming out of sleep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also to let everyone know that support has Whitelist 99.9% of the files for Both 32bit and 64bit Win 10 Preview 9926.

Thanks @ and @ and any others!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@ 

Support said

Hello,

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
Sorry about that - let me check and see what's next.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
I haven't seen that issue either actually WSA works perfectly on my 2 Win 10 Previews both 32bit & 64bit Build 9926 on VM's.

Daniel 😉
Finally got it to install on the new WIn10 release. I downloaded and got the comptability error message. Downloaded it a 2nd time and it installed. I do have a memory error though on the Web Shield in Firefox.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ 

Support said

Hello,

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are one in a few that it doesn't work well on and 99.9% of the Files have been Whitelisted for the 64bit version of Win 10 Preview 9926 now!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Also explorer becomes really slow for me at times. Becomes fast post uninstallation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Nope it did not help. I srongly guess it is Installer error.. somehow the setup downloaded is incomplete.
Why else would one copy of the same installer works and others do not.
Also Internet download manager is not downloading the installer for me from that link.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@dtouch wrote:

@I would gladly do that. Can you provide support page link.
And since installation of WSAC I am getting constant BSOD with error
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys)
There is a mention about webroot here.

Also explorer became slow.
Yep, just go here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Let them know you're on Windows 10.
The BSOD with error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) I always get because the any new build needs to get the files Whitelisted and now it is for 64bit I will check the 32bit version soon!

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@dtouch wrote:

I am not able to install due to program incompatibility (with UAC disabled)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/windows-10/m-p/183321#M10767
It helps?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I had uninstalled WSAC and now I am facing the same issue.
I am not able to install due to program incompatibility (with UAC disabled)
Also no BSOD since..

I think there is some issue with this installer download link
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
The setup I downloaded now gave the incompatibility error, but the one I downloaded yesterday is working fine!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:

@I would gladly do that. Can you provide support page link.
And since installation of WSAC I am getting constant BSOD with error
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys)
There is a mention about webroot here.

Also explorer became slow.
Yep, just go here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Let them know you're on Windows 10.
Userlevel 7
I installed WSA on my Win 10 without any issues or having to make any setting changes to the OS.