windows 10

• 14 November 2014
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
No support for Windows 10 and yes, I know they do not support new OS until they are released to the public. Apps for W10 are supposed to be compatible if they are compatible with earlier versions Windows... Even at this early stage. WRSC was compatible with Windows 10 9860 but not  9879... Hum, wonder what changed.

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Security apps go through a completely different verification process than standard apps. We did work up until the latest build update. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We are working on it.  We've whitelisted a bunch of files from the early builds, but we might not have gone through that process for the latest builds yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Is there anything as users that we can do to help?
If you do download a new build and encounter any issues let us know, particularly which files it is monitoring.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also I have WSA on Both 32bit and 64bit versions of Win 10 Preview Build 9879 with no issue since the files got Whitelisted at the time of the first post and I have not seen anything from Compatibility Assistant. Odd.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
WINDOWS 10 TECHNICAL PREVIEW Build 9926 64-bit

it`s ok

scan log sent to the support
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello BizDPS,

Welcome to Community Forum,

Great to have you here! :)

That's an interesting question and I'm not sure how to answer that so I will leave this to the guru's in the Community to respond to this. Ok?

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
For now, it doesn't get that far, as i can't install it.  Build 9879 is blocking wsainstall.exe via the Program Compatibility Assistant.
Thanks for the info - I'll pass that long to the folks here and see what needs to be done to stop it blocking the install.

Is there a way of bypassing the PCA?  I haven't played with 10 yet so I'm not that familiar with it.
Userlevel 5
Hello,
Threat research attempted to reproduce this issue a number of times and was not able to. Here is their reply:

"I tested this several times and could not reproduce this. The only time the Program Compatibility Assistant came up was while I was trying to uninstall WSA between tests and it asked me if the program uninstalled correctly. The second time I tested, not even that happened."

If anyone has any further conflicts with Win10, we are interested in hearing about those so please contact support in order to submit logs for analysis. 

Thank you all very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Shawn!
Userlevel 7
Hi  stargazy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As I think that has been already said Windows 10 is and will not be officially supported by Webroot until it is officially released by Microsoft (expected at the end of the year now)...so you use/try it at your own risk.

What yo can always try, but there is no guarantee that they will be able to help, is to Open a Support Ticket to let Support know...having said that I would not be surprised if the response as per the above.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

As I said I have in running WSA on both 32bit & 64bit of Windows 10 Preview and still on Build 9879 without issues for many weeks so you can do as Baldrick said above contact support or try to get it installed. Are you hooked up to the Internet when installing as it needs to be and do you have a valid keycode? See my SnapShot below and notice the Build and today's date the 17th.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

I am not able to install on build 9926
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Do you have UAC disabled? It installs fine here and I have not had any issues with any of the Win 10 Preview Builds and I have Build 9926 installed! So I can't reproduce this issue.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sounds good as I would like to know.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
and @ I don't know what he's using?

VMware Workstation 11
---------------
@ 
try:
Type GPEDIT.MSC in start menu search box or run and press enter.
Navigate to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility
Double-click on Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant.

I had the same compatibility error message as noted here, after the Windows 10 upgrade to Build 9926 today.  Adjusting UAC did not resolve the issue.  So, out of curiosity, I tried re-downloading the installer and, even though it is the same name and size as the previously downloaded installer, the newly downloaded one worked without issue.  Hopefully someone else will be able to resolve their compatibility issue similarly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
and @ I don't know what he's using?

VMware Workstation 11
---------------
@ 
try:
Type GPEDIT.MSC in start menu search box or run and press enter.
Navigate to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility

Double-click on Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant.

I'm still on VMware Workstation 10 and it works fine! Good one Petr!

Daniel ;)

EDIT: Mine says!!!!!! And I never made any changes so @ & @ try what Petr posted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Well I tried redownloading WSAC installer and still getting same error.
I got a new machine and thus decided to turn my old one (which is still a very powerful one as per sepcs on my signature :p) into a windows 10 test machine. So it is a fresh installation of latest build 9926 on a real hardware environment and WSAC isone of the first few applications I tried to install.

Update: Tried downloading installer again with a renamed file (wsainstall_2.exe) using Firefox inbuilt download from http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe and now it works!! (Even with UAC turned on)
I had downloaded using Internet Download Manager earlier.

Userlevel 7
I installed WSA on my Win 10 without any issues or having to make any setting changes to the OS. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:

@I would gladly do that. Can you provide support page link.
And since installation of WSAC I am getting constant BSOD with error
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys)
There is a mention about webroot here.

Also explorer became slow.
Yep, just go here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Let them know you're on Windows 10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
@ 

Support said

--------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

We apologize, however, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Because this is a technical preview, we can't do much with it, until the full release.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this message.

Regards,

Webroot Support Team
Sorry about that - let me check and see what's next.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also to let everyone know that support has Whitelist 99.9% of the files for Both 32bit and 64bit Win 10 Preview 9926.

Thanks @ and @ and any others!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ 

Can you run Webroot’s Log Gathering Tool and put your email address in it and after it's finished uploading then Submit a Support Ticket with the same email address and say @ requested to upload logs and even add the link to this post and Nic will make sure the right person will get the info.

WSALogs Log Gathering Tool Download Link: http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

Thanks,

Daniel 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@Thank you.

I will do that. I was searching WSAC if there was any hidden option to generate the log.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Bill_R,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Just uninstall Webroot and then upgrade to10130 and reinstall Webroot again and you'll be fine. With Windows Preview upgrades this needs to be done. I'm running Windows Preview with Webroot without any issues.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,