Solved

windows 10 password manager

• 3 September 2015
  • 10 replies

Badge +3
I updated to windows 10 , I know password manager will not work with Edge browser. I do get it to work if I open in internet explorer. When I log in and open up password manager , 1/2 of the password screen is grayed out. Is their a fix for this problem?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 8 September 2015, 17:52

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

When Edge was first released, Microsoft had not allowed for any add-ons at all.  At this time, Webroot is working to be able to use the browser extensions, including the Web Filter, but I do not know the plans or timing for having the Password Manager.

As you noticed, IE does still support the Password Manager, as does Chrome and Firefox.  At this time, you will need to use one of those to be able to use the Password Manager 'live' with websites.
Badge +3
When I log in to my password manager to look up or delete password the screen is half grayed out and I cannot change anything?

Userlevel 7
Which browser are you seeing that on? 
Badge +3
IE, the full list where you can delete and change thing is half grayed out, with a green bar lile something is loading but does not move?

Userlevel 7
If you have Chrome or Firefox installed, can you try the Password Manager on one of those and let me know how it acts?

If you do not have either of those, just let me know and we will go from there.
Userlevel 7
One thing you can try is to re-install the Password Manager.  Download and run toolbarfix.exe and see if that helps.

Please do let us know if this corrects the problem!
Badge +3
I just have Edge and can open page in IE from Edge and password seems to simi work.
on some sites
Userlevel 7
If the Password Manager is now showing correctly in the supported browsers, but not working for ALL sites, you will want to edit the sties.  Very often when the Password Manager pops up asking to capture the site, it is during registration, at a URL you will not actually visit again once registered.  The saved Password will need to be edited to have the URL of the actual login page, not the registration page, for some sites.
Badge +3
The main problem I am having is when I log in to my console, where it shows my protected computers bac up and sync password manager and mobile. When I open password manager this is the screen wher all passwords show. They seem to be all there but grayed out with the green loading bar showing in the center of screen. will not let me open or change anything?

Userlevel 7
Ok I see what you mean now.  I thought you were referring to the browser toolbar itself, not within the Console.

Please submit a Trouble Ticket and have Webroot Support take a look.  There may be something there they can reset for you.  I have had a similar problem in the past and Support was able to get things sorted out for me.