Best answer by Rakanisheu RetiredView original
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
1. Downloaded 3.5GB ISO install file burned the ISO to DVD tried to install a few times last night got frustrated. :@
2. Went back to check if there was another download then I find out I downloaded the wrong one and proceeded to download the correct 3.5GB ISO and burned it to a DVD disk this morning and it installed just fine. :@
So did I have fun well maybe am I a dope yes when I'm tired, I downloaded 7GB so a waste of Bandwidth in the end I'm Happy because WSA works well! Priceless :D
Thank you for the report on it.. I greatly appreciate the info. To be honest, it is as I expected: while not supported officially while 8.1 is in Preview I seem to recall last year Webroot did not have much trouble with Windows 8 when it was in Preview status either.
Odd intermittent freezes/launch failures in Firefox 22.0 noted with Webroot installed (none without).
Generally ok but some very occassional intermittent OS freezes that go away if you wait (none without webroot).
Not enough data to judge the cause but suspicious of Webroot implicated.
Thank you for the input! While I am not employed by Webroot and I do not work with the developers, I do know that reports of possible glitches are usually appreciated. As Windows 8.1 is a "Preview" (Beta), it cannot be supported, but receiving word of small gitches at this time may be help to the developers so that the problems have been corrected before Windows 8.1 goes into "retail release".
I'm running Win 8.1 64bit and Firefox 22 works perfectly find for me it could be related to one of your add-ons?
Windows 8.1 Pro (Build 9431) 64bit on all my machines.
Roughly 200 [U} files in my scan file.
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Complete on Win 8.1 preview, Firefox 22 - so far no problems.
The third troublesome machine running identical software config had a couple of very (thought to be) minor changes to the WR default settings, as soon as these settings were returned to default the machine seems to have settled down.
I guess we can chalk this one up to 'fingers'. ;)
I sent in another scan log and most have been whitelisted and I have about 5 [u] files left so try another scan and have a look at a new scan log.
Repeat scan still shows up hundreds of [u] files. (Windows 8.1 x64)
I have contacted support to ask if they want my logs for possible whitelisting.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Windows 8 (Build 9200) 64bit (Hostname: TH-VMWIN8PROX64 - Local IP: )
Scan Started: Mon 2013-07-08 21:21:28
Files Scanned: 40134
Malicious Files: 0
Some legitimate files are not included in this log
[u] c:windowssystem32urlmon.dll [MD5: 772A3A417FD6393A368F760620C37225] [Flags: 00090400.14173]
[u] c:windowssysnativeurlmon.dll [MD5: 772A3A417FD6393A368F760620C37225] [Flags: 00090400.14173]
[u] c:windowssystem32mshtml.dll [MD5: E5D2727EB801903F4E11C2F45A61C7E1] [Flags: 00090000.14174]
[u] c:windowssysnativemshtml.dll [MD5: E5D2727EB801903F4E11C2F45A61C7E1] [Flags: 00090000.14174]
[u] c:windowssyswow64urlmon.dll [MD5: 52FE8399CD081778AAFFD5B927B7AF83] [Flags: 00080000.14175]
[u] c:windowssystem32syncengine.dll [MD5: 3D9E8F7244A0AF8A03E065EF241F6C3A] [Flags: 00090000.14176]
[u] c:windowssysnativesyncengine.dll [MD5: 3D9E8F7244A0AF8A03E065EF241F6C3A] [Flags: 00090000.14176]
[u] c:windowssyswow64mshtml.dll [MD5: 7F24B539D5638D20A932F250D9E5AC34] [Flags: 00080000.14177]
[g] c:windowssystem32wininet.dll [MD5: 51854E2A5005BB7E712D12F17AB178C4] [Flags: 00090410.7529]
I have done some further whitelisting, my own 8.1 VM only has 3 [u]`s so hopefully this sorts your problem out. I would like you to run a deep scan for me in any case.
Open the Webroot Software:
1. Click PC Security in the top tab of the Webroot Secure Anywhere window.
2. Open the Scan tab.
3. Click the Custom Scan link.
4. The default scan option is "Deep". Click Scan.
Done & uploaded with wsalogs.