Solved

Windows 8.1 Compatibility

Userlevel 7
OK, let me say up front that I am fully aware that Preview and Beta OS builds are not officially supported.  That said, I do wonder what the current state of the code is in terms of compatibility with the current Windows 8.1 Preview release?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 18 October 2013, 15:18

View original

29 replies

It appears to be barely OK...Password Manager is incompatible in Win 8.1 and I believe there are other incompaibilities as well. When will they update...I depend on Password Manager.
I am going to have to agree, things need to get ironed out fast, my subscription is soon to expire. I would prefer to remain a subscriber, but 8.1 compatibility will be the tipping point.
Userlevel 7
BostonJeff the password manager works fine in windows 8.1 as per your reply in the other thread. WSA works in both 8.0 and Windows 8.1. A statement of how WSA works barely in 8.1 is incorrect. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
BostonJeff the password manager works fine in windows 8.1 as per your reply in the other thread. WSA works in both 8.0 and Windows 8.1. A statement of how WSA works barely in 8.1 is incorrect. 
To add to what Rakanisheu says, I have heard that some users find a clean install following the upgrade to Windows 8.1 helps, but that is quite normal following ANY OS upgrade.  Here is a good post regarding this from TripleHelix.

In some cases simply re-installing the toolbar may also help.  Here is a toolbar utility to help this: http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe