Solved

Windows 8 compatibility issue with spysweeper on webroot internet security complete 2011

• 8 January 2013
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Thank you inadvance for any help and advice.

I have customers who are upgrading to Windows 8 pro 64 bit and are having problems installing thier software. When try to install the dvd/CDs with WISC 2011 the compatibilty warning comes up for spysweeper. With Windows 7 the program would install then update to the lateset version 8 of Secure anywhere.

Any ideas on how to get around this or if there is a known fix. I have nearly 250 customers on Windows 7 who will be upgrading to Win 8 and they all have WISC 2011 discs. They do have the upgrade keys from the update process which are saved in my Documents etc.

Please let me know.

Sorry if posted in wrong part of forum

Ian
Hellothere Computers
icon

Best answer by JimM 8 January 2013, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello hellotherePC and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I assume that the 2011 product is not compatible with Windows 8 and they need to upgrade to Webroot SecureAnywhere so please have a look at these 2 KB Articles Here and Here to see if does give you any clarification if not just post back and a Webroot Employee will be happy to help you.

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi, and welcome to the Community!

TripleHelix is correct.  Rather than using the original installation discs, which were created well before Windows 8 was available, please use the current installers available online.

Here is our installer for your convenience.

If they originally purchased Webroot at Best Buy, you'll be looking for this link instead.
Userlevel 7
A side note to the link for downloading if purchased at Best Buy: Best Buy sells both the standard retail box of Webroot software and also a Best Buy Subscription Software version.  The link you need to use depends on which version of the software you purchased.  Calling either Webroot or Best Buy should help you determine which.