Solved

Windows Notification Center keep saying that WIndows Defener and Webroot are both turned off.

• 5 December 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I get notifications multpile times a day that both Webroot and  Windows defender are turned off.  This has happened since I had to uninstall and then reinstall Webroot to my computer. I am thinkinging there were possibly some files that didn’t fully get removed during the install that are now causing an issue with windows recognizing webroot.  Please let me know how this can be fixed.  I am concerned by it not only because it is annoying, but I do not want my computer left vulnerable since my webroot program now seems to freeze, hang, or close it self down at random times.  I am on Windows Home, Dell Inspirion 7777, Please advise.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 December 2019, 20:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @photoguychad ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for any Inconveniences that this is causing you.

This is happening to my PC as well which started happening when Windows10 updated to v1909. I am running the Webroot Beta  version and I suspect that this issue was/is caused by Windows update.

My advice would be to Submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support which is free of  charge with your Webroot Subscription. Support will gladly assist you. 

@TripleHelix do you have any advice? 🙃

Badge +3

Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Your are most welcome! There has been others who have complained about this very issue. Please let us know if you get this resolved or not, if you get a chance.

@photoguychad  This Thread might help with similar issue, But I would wait for Support/

btw:When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

WebRoot, come on guys. Enough already. This has been posted as far back as 3 years. Now you are asking us to Submit a support ticket as if this is the first time you hear of this? Seriously ?

I don’t want to submit a support ticket, this has been posted already !! Let’s get this fixed. I’m getting sick and tired of this.

-Wexxsup

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @wexxsup and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please do a clean reinstall and that should solve your issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @TripleHelix ,

Ok, I did exactly as you described. Although I was never prompted to import any settings.

In any case, let’s wait a few weeks and see if the problem pops up.

Thank you for your quick response.

G

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @wexxsup we just put that in our canned reply to make users aware Not to Import any settings at any time as it does carry some odd things that we don’t want in a clean installation and yes it’s after WSA has been installed under settings so I will make a change to it. https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#SettingPreferences/ExportingAndImportingSettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DSetting%2520Preferences%7C_____4

Thanks and hope all goes well!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Problem gone. Ok, yes, I did get upset at the “canned reply” especially since this question has been asked before. Just remember that I do support webroot 100% . I am only one person but believe me anyone who asks I tell them about webroot. I guess that’s the New Yorker in me that I take things personally. Webroot is my product of choice and I am attached to it. What can I say ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Problem gone. Ok, yes, I did get upset at the “canned reply” especially since this question has been asked before. Just remember that I do support webroot 100% . I am only one person but believe me anyone who asks I tell them about webroot. I guess that’s the New Yorker in me that I take things personally. Webroot is my product of choice and I am attached to it. What can I say ?

@wexxsup  we Mods are Volunteers and we made up the canned reply but I have changed it now!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,