Solved

WRDll.x86.dll and Microsoft Visual Studio issue

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am developing Visual Studio C# applications. 

When I rebuild the projectand run it in debug mode, the debugger will not step into the project because it’s trying to load WRDll.x86.dll symbols.

If I run the project without debugging, it runs fine.  

And if I wait a period of time , I can run the project in debugger mode, but as soon as I recompile the project, it gives me the message that it’s trying to load WRDLL.x86.dll and won’t step into the debugger.

It’s as if Webroot detects the project as a new executable and won’t run it in the debugger, but then after a period of time (30 minutes or an hour) it allows it to run in the debugger.

Or it is as if there’s a background process in WebRoot that hangs, and causes Visual Studio debugger to not work, and when the process terminates or get recycled, then Visual Studio works.

Any idea how to fix this strange problem?

I’m using Visual Studio 2013, Update 4

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 November 2020, 00:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rjabraham 

Please Submit a Support ticket and tell them what’s going on and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,