Solved

WRusr.dll CPU usage

• 26 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Lately I've noticed the fan in my PC running quite a lot (every few days and then it's on for hours, when normally it's never on), so I checked Process Explorer, and found that explorer.exe has a WRusr.dll thread running constantly at around 12%. Enough to kick off the fan after an amount of time basically.

If I restart Explorer this normally fixes the issue, and the fan stops.

I looked it up, and WRusr.dll looks like a Webroot process, but I can't find anything helpful. 

Webroot isn't running a scan, and I've turned it all off, but WRusr.dll remains running. I assume then it's a shield or firewall of some sort.

Anyone know how to sort this out? 

Also I just noticed it's doing the exact same thing on iexplore.exe (Skype plugin for business call I had today, that only seems to work in IE)
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 April 2018, 15:25

View original

3 replies

Hi Daniel,

I wasn't running v9.0.20.31, and the software update said I had the latest version.

I used your link, and it updated to v9.0.20.31.

I'll now reboot, and see how it goes. It only happened now and again (and then run for hours keeping the fan on), so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. I'm a full time software developer, so I would imagine it will pop up at some time in the next week.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Note what WRusr.dll does! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Installation-Folder-and-File-Locations/ta-p/3766

C:WindowsSystem32WRusr.dllor C:WindowsSysWow64WRusr.dll- This loads for user mode analysis.  It's responsible for WRSA running as a user mode service.  WRSA will be loaded equally propotionately to the number of user profiles that are loaded because of this file.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

We Beta Testers were testing a build with a fix in the WRusr.dll and now it has been released to all Consumers so check your version and the new build should be v9.0.20.31 if it has not updated you can download from this link and install over top and do a reboot and please post back to let us know if it solves your issue!

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Thanks,