Solved

WSA Complete keycode issue for mobiile

• 13 October 2013
  • 5 replies

I recently upgraded to WSA Complete for 5 devices. The install for my PC and Laptop went without issue. I uninstalled the WSA free version from my Galaxy S4s (we have 2), installed Comlete and attempted to activate several times using the new keycode.  I receive Resopnse code 1 [Authentication Failed(E335)]. I have removed the mobile devices from the dashboard, however they still show up as consoles with the previous Free version keycodes, As does the previous 3 user console that I upgraded from. The new Complete keycode indicates only 1 of 5 uses even though it is on two computers.  

Is there an issue with Complete for mobile, my keycode, or my dashboard and consoles? How do I resolve the issue to activate WSA Complete on my smartphones?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 October 2013, 15:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello DougC1 and welcome to the Webroot Community!  The below is a copy/paste I sometimes use to avoid as much typing, but I think you are likely to find the problem in the last 2 paragraphs so check them first.  Let us know if any of this helps please!

This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes. 

In addition to what was noted here, it has also been observed that the backup account has not actually been created yet. When you visit https://my.webrootanywhere.com/home.aspx, make sure the Backup & Sync area fully loads at some point at least once. If it says "Your Backup & Sync account is being prepared. This should be available shortly," it hasn't finished being created yet, so please let it sit until it completes.
My understanding from Webroot is that Apple will not allow any version Webroot to be downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. The only thing you can get onthese Apple devices is the Webroot Secure Browser from the App Store. Because Apple still uses Java (which an easy exploit for hackers)........there was an acknowledgement from Apple about an exploit on iMac's and Macbook's, and I do use the Secure Anywhere Complete on both my iMac and my Macbook. If things have changed and I can now use Webroot on iPhone, then please let me know.

I do not use any Android devices........but my wife purchased an Android Phone (expecting me to configure it)  and I couldn't do anything with because of the requirements for a Google account. We took it back, and got she got an iPhone instead. 
After much experimentation, the issue was resolved by changing my password. All devices accounted for and functional Thanks!
Thank you for taking the time, but as I am not an apple user, this is not helpful.