Solved

WSA eating up disk space!!

• 15 July 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I think I`ve read on here about this problem before, and thought it had been addressed. Checked my available space on my SSD yesterday, and noticed it had dropped a lot. Couldnt understand why as I had cleaned up all restore points etc and hadn`t installed anything. Checked the Program Data folder, and noticed Webroot`s WRData folder was One GIGABYTE in size!! What the hell!? I reinstalled WSA, and that corrected the problem. Thing is, is this folder just going to increase again in size for evermore, or is there a fix for it? Otherwise I may have to choose another Security solution as I don`t want to be uninstalling/reinstalling every time this folder gets too big..Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

George
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 15 July 2014, 09:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I think I`ve read on here about this problem before, and thought it had been addressed. Checked my available space on my SSD yesterday, and noticed it had dropped a lot. Couldnt understand why as I had cleaned up all restore points etc and hadn`t installed anything. Checked the Program Data folder, and noticed Webroot`s WRData folder was One GIGABYTE in size!! What the hell!? I reinstalled WSA, and that corrected the problem. Thing is, is this folder just going to increase again in size for evermore, or is there a fix for it? Otherwise I may have to choose another Security solution as I don`t want to be uninstalling/reinstalling every time this folder gets too big..Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

George

Hello George!

I believe the problem previously discussed here before was in reference to 64 bit systems using 300 MB memory.

As for the size of the WRData folder, when WSA updates, that folder gets modified. 

I suggest that you submit a support ticket. Tech support will be happy to assist you.

Please let us know the outcome.

Beth

Userlevel 7
Hello,

The file size is due to the journalling feature of WSA, any unknown file that is executed will be journalled so if its determined to be malicious all changes can be rolled back. If you send in a support ticket I can whitelist your keycode and make sure its clean.