WSA Mac 10.9 issue

• 1 December 2013
  • 13 replies

Badge +1
I have read through most of the other posts and I haven't seen a discription close to what I am seeing. I am running WSA on MAC Mavericks, I can open WSA but it only stays open for a few seconds, 30-40 then closes and disappears. The initial scan never completes and it still says waiting for license. I have deleted and reinstalled, I can see my device registered in the web interface, I am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello JQuest and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Quick question: on the install/reinstall, are you using the CD or installing from a fresh download?  If you are using the CD, that may not work: it was 'pressed' before the OS Mavericks was released and will not work correctly.  

Here are the download links for a fresh download, give them a try if you have not already and let us know if this helps!

Mac standard release: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamac.dmg

Mac Best Buy Subsription Software: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamacbbs2.dmg
Badge +1
Thanks for the speedy reply, it was a fresh download of 8.0.5.66. Mine is also from my BestBuy eLearning, not sure that might make any difference.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the speedy reply, it was a fresh download of 8.0.5.66. Mine is also from my BestBuy eLearning, not sure that might make any difference.

Cheers
Your Best Buy eLearning uses the standard version, not the Best Buy S2 version if that helps.  (I am not a Mac expert, so my ability to advise on this one has about run out at this point.)
Badge +1
I will try the s2 link you posted, remove & reboot to see if that mkaes any difference. WIll I also need to delete the PC under my subscription on the web site, make it a completely clean start?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I will try the s2 link you posted, remove & reboot to see if that mkaes any difference. WIll I also need to delete the PC under my subscription on the web site, make it a completely clean start?

No, not the S2 version, you need the standard release download.  The key code you have will not work with the Best Buy S2 version.
Userlevel 7
Your eLearning license is for WSA Complete which has 5 user licenses, so you should not need to delete the PC from the Account.
Badge +1
Once again, thank you for the prompt replies! its nice to be able to have that kind of service.

So, I stopped WSA, deleted it from applications, removed the library folder and deleted that, rebooted. Reinstalled webroot, it looks like I missed one other folder somewhere as once I started WSA everything looked the same, however about a minute after I started WSA the entire app turned red, the initial scan is still trying to run it says "Preparing to scan" and has been running now for over 30 minutes. This is at least progress the app didn't shut down immediately.

Crossing my fingers...
Userlevel 7
I am stepping out for a short time, but please do let us know if it all finished up correctly.

Hope you enjoy the software, and don't forget to check out all the features you get on the PC with it 🙂
Badge +1
Well good news bad news, 4 hours later and bad news is WSA is still "Preparing to scan"...Good news is WSA is still running

Maybe tomorrow someone can point me int he right direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and they can look in to it for you and help get installed correctly.

Daniel
Badge +1
Thank you, Support ticket submitted!
Userlevel 7
This is happening when WSA starts before the network connection on the Mac is fully connected. Thank you for submitting the ticket and for your patience while our support team continues to work with you! :robothappy:
Badge +1
Mike,

Thanks for the response. The network is fully functional and I was sending and receiving posts from the same machine that is experiencing the issue. All other network functions are great on the Mac.

I am open to any other suggestions.

Cheers