WSA Password Manager cannot login to MIcrosoft

• 15 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Greetings all!
As of this past Monday, WSA password manager has not been able to login to Microsoft sites.  It was working fine, then the next time (same day) I tried to login to Microsoft, the screen began flashing uncontrollably. I can log in manually, however, just not with password manager. So far, Microsoft sites seem to be the only ones affected.

I submitted a ticket and WSALogs and received a reply saying it was a known issue, but could not find an instance of the issue in the community. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi celz1357

I haven't this issue with Password Manager. But thank you for letting us know that the Support team is aware of this. 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi Sherry,
In ten years I never had a single program glitch with Webroot, then WIndow 8 & 10 came along.  I can't help thinking there is a connection, especially with Windows 10, which  seems much less accepting of 3rd party programs.

Thank for your reply, and thanks again for the ad blocking suggestion before -- still waiting to try it -- I'm waiting till this is resolved before installing anyhing else, in case there is a connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi celz1357

You are most welcome. Please do keep us posted. I haven't any issues running Webroot with W 7 Pro, 8.1. and I have W 10 running on 3 PCs. So sorry to hear that after all these years that you are now having some issues with Webroot PWM and what not. At least you know that Support is always here for you. The Webroot extensions do not work in Microsoft Edge but maybe in time Microsoft will have more extensions to it's browser.

Have a nice weekend ok?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
You too!