Solved

WSA - Settings Problems !

• 18 February 2013
  • 8 replies

Hi all ... Just notice that my settings keep resetting to default after rebooting my OS ! any ideas?

I'm using Windows 7 (x64)

The settings in question is the Firewall and Password Protection, it keep revert to default setting !!

Thanks for your time and support !
Yvan.
icon

Best answer by pegas 19 February 2013, 09:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi zweizucker and welcome to the forums!

I am pretty new to Webroot still myself, and while I do not have many ideas on this one I wonder if re-installing Webroot might help.  If you try this, uninstall first, and when re-installing if you are asked if you wish to use previous settings, choose no.  The idea here is that maybe there is a problem with the file(s) those settings are stored in and replacing them will help.  Somehow I am not very positive that this will work though.

You might also Submit a Trouble Ticket,  Today being a holiday, there were no Webroot employees monitoring these forums, but they should be back tomorrow.  If you are still having problems, reply to this again so that they are aware and can take a more learned look into your situation for you.
Userlevel 7
Hello zweizucker and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Yes, the settings reverting back to default is an issue observed and reported by a few users, including me. Please take a look in https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/having-a-issue-sometimes-with-complete/m-p/17854#M1635. However we thought this issue has been already resolved because no one reported back to the linked thread since the middle of December. So, be sure to do a clean install of the latest build 8.0.2.109 and providing that it won't resolve it for you, I encourage you to open the support ticket as DavidP has suggested.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Pegas!  I wasn't around here much during that thread and forgot about that one!
Userlevel 7
You're welcome David :D I am having often problems when reading a thread to realize where and when I have seen the relating posts. I am searching like a mad then but not always succeeding. Anyway as I have vivid memories of this issue it wasn't so hard to find it this time.
Userlevel 7
Thank you all for the suggestions they were spot on.

Please let me know if the reinstallation is unsuccessful and if you Open a Support Ticket so that I can send instructions to collect WSA Logs.
Thanks all ... I reinstalled WSA as David suggest me and so far so good ! 🙂 thanks again and have a nice day. Yvan R.
Userlevel 7
Glad that things seem to be working! Stick around and join us in all the fun and learning we have here. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks Yvan for your positive feedback. Enjoy WSA!