Solved

WSC opens and crashes . Mac

• 27 February 2014
  • 40 replies

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sherjj

Well I have now got my breath back after trying to read your opus magna...Do you ever draw breath? ;)

Appreicate what you are saying about keyloggers but all I can respond re. that is if you are not OK with what the Support Team are saying (and I would humbly question why that is?) then your only other recourse is to have you system scanned by either one of the online on demand scanners that most major security providers have available and/or Google something like "best keylogger detection for mac" which will yield a number of links to artcles by other Mac users who have had or have thought that they had a keylogger.

I have checked some of these out and they all seem pretty sensible...but as I am not a Mac user I cannot really advise further on whether you can trust any of them or not...if you were using a Windows system that would be a different matter (not having a dig here, BTW). :D

Just wondering is one of our Mac-using bretheren @ might be able to help/advise on how best you could proceed on your own as a parallel avenue of investigation?

Anyway, keep us posted on developments.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good morning, good morning, you are a blast! Yes I can take a breath once in awhile. When I get back to putting all my apps, pictures back into my system I'll have Webroot assist me if necessary . You are so very smart and wise to boot...pun intented. Yes, Google did advise me with more solutions. So I'll go from there. Like replace the keyboard is one idea!? Oookkay enough of my issues...I'll check out Horseman too. Thanks solo much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Baldrick and Mac fans.Support team is setup to call me about my Mac WRAC with managing the active processes. When I open to look at the files in WR/ crashes. It's been escalated since I uninstalled and reinstalled with newer version...WR still crashes and wants me to click ignore, report, ( to Apple) or reopen. I'm not sure which to do because how do I know report goes to Apple and of course I'd reopen WB and it would be great to click ignore but that's not happening...and Baldrick I probably be back with PC issues...in 2breaths...wheeeeee
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Just as long it's nothing to do with Mac's I have never tried one. LOL

Daniel
That reminds me, now that I have my home Mac unpacked and setup, I gotta get WSA installed so I can get familiar with it.
Userlevel 7
Oh come on, Nic...what has taken you so long, eh? 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Right on Nic! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have mine hooked up to UPS's even though they are Laptops can never be to safe!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Gotta love and laugh at this community writes? Rights? Too much fun here....time to put you guys to work...you all have a great weekend ( you too Baldrick ) TripleHelix ...I'm on it!! Thanks everyone for a great week of PC Webroot advice and laughs. I try to be serious and helpful so give me time...clapping smileys uh
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
My real loyalty lies with Microsoft Windows...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Woweee great let me know how it goes Daniel ..I need help...always!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh no TripleHelix you aren't serious! you'll play for or pay for that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Funny stuff here!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@sherjj wrote:
Woweee great let me know how it goes Daniel ..I need help...always!
 How what goes? :catfrustrated:
@sherjj wrote:
Oh no TripleHelix you aren't serious! you'll play for or pay for that!
 What's that UPS? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

TH = Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Didn't you say you had to go and unpack your Mac?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
  TripleHelix writes:
"To be fair I am not an expert in Mac by any stretch of the imagination...but the PC cognicenti in the Community recommend a reboot after a clean reinstall...just to make sure.  I cannot see the harm in doing so nor why the Mac would be any different to a PC...an install is an install...after all, broadly speaking."

I did REBOOT Mac and cancelled my WR Support because....WSCA doesn't crash anymore when opening up the Utlities to mangage active processes. Just wondering if I should leave processes alone or can they be changed to monitor system processes? Well I guess Ill ask Horseman or look in the MAC section.  TripleHelix thanks for your input...