Solved

Your Server is Down or Only Working Intermittently

• 30 December 2021
  • 7 replies

It is impossible to connect to your server to register a new key code. It appears to be working intermittently since I can register some devices and not others. Even registering for this support account did not work at first. It seems everyone at Webroot decided to take an early holiday and left no one to mind your servers. This is clearly not a way to increase your subscriber base or generate goodwill in your user community. Many of us have been wasting precious hours or OUR TIME trying to figure out what is wrong and now it seems that the problem is your server.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 January 2022, 20:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @socalgail 

I don’t see any issues have a look here at anytime: https://status.webroot.com/ so I don’t know what else to say?

Thanks,

Thanks for trying to help. But the information provided by the link you supplied is NOT ACCURATE. First of all, I notified Webroot Support of this ongoing problem everyday since Dec 31st. However, the status page says no incidents were reported. Second, today, Jan 1, 2022, I am still not able to activate a valid passcode, purchased from the Webroot store on Amazon, on two of the 5 devices covered by the license. I did activate 3. So the issue is on the Webroot side. Perhaps a different server is used to activate passcodes while the status only indicates scanning problems.

This problem persists and I am sure many others are experiencing something similar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @socalgail 

Then you need to contact support!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Just a status update here. Now the passcodes on 4 of the 5 devices have been activated. Still, Windows 8.1 fails due to the inability to use the internet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Just a status update here. Now the passcodes on 4 of the 5 devices have been activated. Still, Windows 8.1 fails due to the inability to use the internet.

It needs the internet so it can check the Webroot Cloud.

Yes, I have submitted a request for support. They responded with a request for the passcode which I provided. But since then, no word back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes, I have submitted a request for support. They responded with a request for the passcode which I provided. But since then, no word back.

Thanks for the update, it can take sometime so just have some patience!

Thanks!