Apple or Python Script to Update SecureAnywhere

• 26 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have 36 macOS machines that have not updated to the latest version of SecureAnywhere and I’m not able to remote into each machine and manually update.  I’m looking for a way to update the clients automatically via an Apple or Python Scripting similar to this command which works with Windows:

start-process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -argumentlist poll

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Dave M  I will ping @coscooper to see what he has for you.

In you above post: start-process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -argumentlist poll  would be for PC’s and not Mac’s.

Maybe it’s best to ask Business support either via the Ticket system or by calling them: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@Dave M  - there was an announcement that went out with this link. Community KB - hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks Shane!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@Dave M  - btw - the Mac commands for polling are:

Pre-Catalina:

sudo /usr/local/bin/WSDaemon -poll

Catalina & newer

sudo "/Applications/Webroot\ SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon" -poll

But - i’ve noticed lately the Catalina one is a bit flaky. I’ve reported it to Dev and haven’t double checked if latest works properly or not, but that’s what we were given to send to terminal(s) to make Mac agent poll home.

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@coscooper Looks like the Catalina polling command isn’t going to work for us either.  Here are the results I received back, if it helps:

/opt/local/share/continuum_mac/downloads/tempscriptfile_20200826093304.applescript:0:6: script error: A “"” can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@Dave M  - okay, after much research and getting to the right people, have discovered that the latest agent version daemon directory has changed. DOH!

Here are the correct ones and I’ve double checked them on a test mac I have. So far, so good.

sudo /Applications/Webroot\ SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon -poll

sudo /Applications/Webroot\ SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon -u